Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

i find this... odd about Techlasers:

pseudonomen137 said:
Some people seem like they've been brainwashed in favor of WL. Some people seem like they've been brainwashed against WL.

Maybe some have jumped on the bandwagon without warrant, but not me.

Dave

marianne said:
if i remember everything correctly, techlasers stated that they weren't gonna send any units to people here for review,

Wow! Didn't see that one coming! I guess that means we should take down the "Welcome Steve!" banners...

Dave said:
[quote author=marianne link=1191270593/0#0 date=1191270593]if i remember everything correctly, techlasers stated that they weren't gonna send any units to people here for review,

Wow! Didn't see that one coming! I guess that means we should take down the "Welcome Steve!" banners... [/quote]
be quiet, you'll set off timelord! lol

Sorry guys, but I think I take a pretty different stance on this whole situation:

Nero's review may not say anything about the power, but that's how all his reviews have been. I have yet to see a single reason to believe his review was a fake... he's just always been a fan of WL, and he's always written reviews in that style.

As for Chargerman? Well I haven't been around LC recently so I don't know if things have changed, but I never remember him doing anything at all to deserve this type of criticism. I remember is him coming around LPF here and there to show his argon or some of his other cool pics. After that Spyder II giveaway though, Chargerman and I were under constant criticism of being WL fanboys. I can only wonder what would have happened if the Spyder II had actually been a good laser and I'd posted as such. I guess I'd probably be on this same list of criticism along with Nero, Chargerman, and Athoul.

And speaking of Athoul... c'mon Morepower, how the heck did he deserve that comment? I honestly can't think of anyone on any laser from who's less deserving of criticism than Athoul.

bootleg2go said:
There's no doubt that Nero design is employed by WL/TL. For the past two years or so, Nero has been the WL photographer and doing all the important photo layouts for the WL website.
No.

Now, here's the icing on the cake IMO:

There's no doubt that these units are either Hercules lasers, or very well done Hercules fakes. We see Hercules reviews from time to time, to which we reply with "hail Laserglow". Now we see these reviews, and no one can possibly understand why they got positive reviews - we assume they must be fakes. Well... I can understand why... doesn't seem like rocket science to me :-/.

You all know I, of all people, love to go on a good rant about a scammer. However this whole thing is getting a bit insane. If you have some evidence against TechLasers products/service, I'd love to see a post about it. But these forum wars and petty personal attacks... well they are becoming as sickening as WLs tactics in the first place. To which side can you credit the moral "high ground"? Sadly, neither at this point...

i can't speak for anyone else but... i just find all the inconsistencies really odd is all, like i said in my first post... and it sets off suspicion instinctively, it just all makes no sense. and my own experiences with WL have only ever been bad ones, though i know that TL (allegedly) is not WL. scammers really infuriate me, set me off, etc, and to my mind WL is just another Microsoft (not in terms of success or wealth, but in terms of dodgy quality control, lack of business ethics, spreading a load of utter crap about the competition, and there being far better and cheaper alternatives that WL/Microsoft would prefer you didn't know about, let alone trust). and yes, i *am* a big geek :p hehe

marianne said:
i can't speak for anyone else but... i just find all the inconsistencies really odd is all, like i said in my first post... and it sets off suspicion instinctively, it just all makes no sense. and my own experiences with WL have only ever been bad ones, though i know that TL (allegedly) is not WL. scammers really infuriate me, set me off, etc, and to my mind WL is just another Microsoft (not in terms of success or wealth, but in terms of dodgy quality control, lack of business ethics, spreading a load of utter crap about the competition, and there being far better and cheaper alternatives that WL/Microsoft would prefer you didn't know about, let alone trust). and yes, i *am* a big geek :p hehe

Well said marianne !!

@Psuedo

I think you took my meaning the wrong way, or not ? I'm not really sure what you are getting at. The main thing I was getting at with Athoul was that it seemed he was missing out on a big dollar laser to write about. Maybe it was offered and he refused it ??? As I said in my post, who knows, maybe it's his turn next. What if Techlasers DID actually buy two RPL's and was going to send them to Nero, Chargerman and/or Athoul and claim that they were skybolts, or whatever it is they call them ?? Who would know except Techlasers ?? Nero, Chargerman and/or Athoul would be proclaiming them to be genuine through no fault of their own, as indeed they would be genuine(RPL's that is).

If someone was to GIVE you(meaning anyone) a big dollar laser it would probably make it a little difficult not to write a slightly, or greatly, biased review ?? I hope this helps explain my previous post a little better.

Dave

pseudonomen137 said:
Some people seem like they've been brainwashed in favor of WL. Some people seem like they've been brainwashed against WL.

Really? What is the difference between natural and artificially induced opinions?

95% of the folks doing laser "reviews" on the web shouldn't.

It's really that simple. As long as there are people willing to spend the money for these and generally be satisfied there will be a market. I'm willing to bet that most of the "reviewers" have not seen a Coherent Compass or Melles Griot DPSS in person. It may be like comparing a Hyundai to a Rolls Royce but so be it.

At least the prices are coming down. :)

I sit and wait patiently for 488nm VLD's. :cool:

i just want reasonably priced (at most $300 per mW) handheld 488nm! i don't care if it's diodes, DPSS, or satanic magic fuelled by chicken blood, i want it!!! hehe

T

timelord

marianne said:
[quote author=Dave link=1191270593/15#18 date=1191487792][quote author=marianne link=1191270593/0#0 date=1191270593]if i remember everything correctly, techlasers stated that they weren't gonna send any units to people here for review,

Wow! Didn't see that one coming! I guess that means we should take down the "Welcome Steve!" banners... [/quote]
be quiet, you'll set off timelord! lol[/quote]
We love Steve :-*

What if TL sent out perfect lasers for review? They could just pick out their best units and pass them on knowing the reviews would be in their favor. My understanding is that Nero uses lasers in his work. He said on CPF that he welcomed other sellers to forward models to him for review if they wanted. Still, there's been no complaints online so far that I have seen from new buyers.. which makes me ask: Has anyone here bought any for testing yet?

(thinking about buying a Mirage 5mW Bleu to play with .. feel free to talk me out of it)

BooBoo

The 'hinkey' part of TL and WL's accossiation with them....for me stems from a statement by TL, of something along the lines 'that they sell CNIs, while in the same breath, stating 'that No these are not CNIs they are better, and have more mW then other advertized lasers.... to which I posted the link to that in a thread entitled "Are TL lasers Clones ?", asking to clear up the 'misconceptions' that were eluded to by TL's statements...TL's very very very Vauge statements, asking, "Well are they CNIs(as we found that in fact the Cross-fire they sell is a Clone/bite) or better then CNI or just made to look like CNIs ? And do you garantee that your 95mW will put out more then the advertized mW, hence a customer should get a higher mW rating from any laser they sell ?"
My answer came in the way of a banning.... they have answered, they are not cni's they are rip-off-clones....
If not, it would have been more adventagious of them to have just answered... one way or the other... instead, they Wish to keep it Vauge, and keep thier (potential) customers in the dark as to what exactly they are buying.

*and by the way everything about WL and its affiliates is as noted about TL....'ODD' :-?

you made that thread booboo?? it was answering to that that got me banned!!! lol