Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I feel trolled. Very much. Wow, dat fail!

TimMe

Good Morning guys..

I am still awake and wanted to play a bit with my laser that I made of a broken flashlight host. How some of you, who read some of my posts, saw that I had some problems with it. Anyway, sometimes the laser doesn't work and I thought at first it was the diode. Some of you though it was the soldering of me. I am not the best in that but every suggestions seems to be wrong.

I am not 100000% sure but.. the flashlight gets broken as I tested out put 2x3,7 volts instead of recommended 3,7V alone. It was very good bright light but not for long. So what do you think what happened? I think so far.. the same as I did: the Lightdiode was dead.

So I used the flashlight for my laser and it still not worked.. just sometimes and now it doesn't work anyway. With the lever. You know? I tried to close the connection with solder wire.

Any idea what happens then? I'll tell you: There was been light! For sure, with soldering wire. So I measuerd the lever/switch with a multimeter and tell me the result. Always no connection... do you understand what happens?

The light diode wasn't broken, the laser diode wasn't broken, the driver or solder connections was always okay.. what was also broken? The FUCKING switch! Isn't that mad? Isn't it?! Holy shit but awesome to know what it isn't really my fault and my laserdiode will be still alive.

Oh gosh what I have been written there.. hope someone will read this :wave: thank you for everything XD

And my result of this thread.. I wanna try to fix the switch unless I will thinking about a new host :rolleyes:

Thanks for reading!

Please tame the language. :tsk:

Switches can be bought at Fasttech for pennies with free shipping. :beer:

You can also solder a copper braid from bottom of the switch spring to the top of the spring to decrese a little resistance if its a crappy switch, quite common mod in the flashlight world......

hewhewhewhewhewhewhewhewhewhewhew
Happened to me once. I tried soldering the aluminum contact on the button. The ALUMINUM contact. The glew dripped apart like a summertime chocolate bar in my back pocket.

Pman

Unfortunately crappy switches are a dime a dozen and the results certainly nothing unusual about a switch going bad.

What Grainde said. The cussing is not "cool" in this forum.

Last edited:
When I started soldering up diodes, every time I thought I had burned the thing out from too much heat, or some ESD, or something else. In the end, everything seemed to work out though.