Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I bought a laser from laserpointerpro.com...

Supreminator

I recently bought a 50mW 532nm green laser pointer from laserpointerpro.com. Recently, though, I've been told that this website is guilty of many things, including sending dysfunctional or underspec lasers, using credit card info, or downright not shipping products at all. The laser I bought looks legitimate from the pictures they have of it, and it cost me $27 at the time of the purchase. Here is the link: https://www.laserpointerpro.com/50mw-532nm-green-beam-light-laser-pointer-pen-black-p-3069.html

Has anyone ever had the problems I mentioned from that website? Will they refund me if I have get a bad product? Does the laser I bought seem like it will be underspec? Also, according to China Post my product has left China and is on it's way here, so I know for sure that I will receive something...

Hi,
Hey if your satisfied with the laser then all is good. Just be safe and have fun. Get some safety glasses if you don't have them Pal.

Rich:)

GSS

For that Store it's probably the only laser they have that isn't insanely over rated in power specs.
Ok it's a little over priced and if you searched harder you might of found it for $10 but you could of paid alot alot more on their sight.
I wouldn't say you massively over paid because iv'e seen this sight ask up to $100 for a equivlent unit..
I think you will enjoy it and like the host. It could run from 40mw to maby 80mw.
If and when your ready for another unit just come back and the forum will guide you:)
From China to US usually take minimum 3 weeks and can stay stagnant for 10 days in a NY warehouse but I just don't know about shipping to Canada..
I haven't bought from them and can say about shady tactic's though.

Just have to add, beware of the battery position. These 532's are most likely positive ground. The "pos" toward the tail switch and "neg" to the laser head. If you put the battery in wrong it won't recover and will kill the diode..

Last edited:
That is a mass produced 303 laser that can be had on eBay for $5.00. You massively overpaid for this laser. But, all of us had to go through problems with buying lasers when we started out. Just chalk it up as a learning experience. Next time, look on eBay and see if you can't find the same laser for much less money. Good luck.

Hi, Like all said you could have saved more ,but info on learning is the key factor. Hey so don't dwell on it we all been through these issues some time or another. S basically enjoy what you have and be safe. And in the future you will be more savvy in purchasing a laser of higher powers and different wave lengths . This is a very interesting hobby and it gets better once you start leaning the ins and outs. Don't give up the ship lots of info here to share .

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
My best advice on this one Supreminator is to avoid Laserpointerpro.com.
They are at times laughably bad. I sincerely hope you receive your laser and it works.

Supreminator

That is a mass produced 303 laser that can be had on eBay for $5.00. You massively overpaid for this laser. But, all of us had to go through problems with buying lasers when we started out. Just chalk it up as a learning experience. Next time, look on eBay and see if you can't find the same laser for much less money. Good luck.
Thank you for your kind words

Hi,
Hey if your satisfied with the laser then all is good. Just be safe and have fun. Get some safety glasses if you don't have them Pal.

That is true, if it's good enough, I will be happy. Thanks

For that Store it's probably the only laser they have that isn't insanely over rated in power specs.
Ok it's a little over priced and if you searched harder you might of found it for $10 but you could of paid alot alot more on their sight.
I wouldn't say you massively over paid because iv'e seen this sight ask up to $100 for a equivlent unit..
I think you will enjoy it and like the host. It could run from 40mw to maby 80mw.
If and when your ready for another unit just come back and the forum will guide you:)
From China to US usually take minimum 3 weeks and can stay stagnant for 10 days in a NY warehouse but I just don't know about shipping to Canada..
I haven't bought from them and can say about shady tactic's though.

Just have to add, beware of the battery position. These 532's are most likely positive ground. The "pos" toward the tail switch and "neg" to the laser head. If you put the battery in wrong it won't recover and will kill the diode..
Thanks for your advice. I will be sure to do more research if I buy another laser in the future. Based on what China Post says, the laser is already in my country, so I expect it to reach me in about a week. I'll post an update when it arrives so people looking for websites to buy lasers from will know my experience from laserpointerpro.

Last edited:
I recently bought a 50mW 532nm green laser pointer from laserpointerpro.com.
Yes, #metoo ;-)

And like you it was the reason for me to come here and ask. So I send you a virtual hug.

However, I cannot complain about getting something wrong. I got what I paid for. A "horribly bright" green laser, labelled "<50mW" and I guess it certainly is. I have no reason (and no possibility) to meter it. The pointer is well built, has good beam quality, reasonable low dispersion and it was shipped fast, although in a unsuitable bag.

OK, I could have bought something similar for less. Maybe. But really, I don't complain about $5 up or down. It was WAY cheaper than my first one that I had to replace.

While I can see why the veterans here suggest to buy elsewhere, I am still satisfied with my purchase.

And it was the reason why I found here and still hang around. I learned MUCH in the last weeks, so I really got much out of the $15 I paid for mine.

If I should ever feel a burning desire to spend >$200 on a Laser, I certainly buy "elswhere".

Ah, yes. Get some propper goggles. 50mW is strong enough to cause severe problems, if you may get some astray reflection into your eyes. If you don't want to spend $60 on protective eyewhere to complement a $30 Laser, you should compare it with the expenses a damaged eye would cause.

Or at least get some cheap goggles. They are not so fancy but they do work and they are much better than no protection at all. brendon7358 has a bunch of them he did meter himself that might fit well with your wavelength and power.

Last edited:

Supreminator

Yes, #metoo ;-)

And like you it was the reason for me to come here and ask. So I send you a virtual hug.

However, I cannot complain about getting something wrong. I got what I paid for. A "horribly bright" green laser, labelled "<50mW" and I guess it certainly is. I have no reason (and no possibility) to meter it. The pointer is well built, has good beam quality, reasonable low dispersion and it was shipped fast, although in a unsuitable bag.

OK, I could have bought something similar for less. Maybe. But really, I don't complain about $5 up or down. It was WAY cheaper than my first one that I had to replace.

While I can see why the veterans here suggest to buy elsewhere, I am still satisfied with my purchase.

And it was the reason why I found here and still hang around. I learned MUCH in the last weeks, so I really got much out of the $15 I paid for mine.

If I should ever feel a burning desire to spend >$200 on a Laser, I certainly buy "elswhere".

Ah, yes. Get some propper goggles. 50mW is strong enough to cause severe problems, if you may get some astray reflection into your eyes. If you don't want to spend $60 on protective eyewhere to complement a $30 Laser, you should compare it with the expenses a damaged eye would cause.

Or at least get some cheap goggles. They are not so fancy but they do work and they are much better than no protection at all. brendon7358 has a bunch of them he did meter himself that might fit well with your wavelength and power.
You give me more hope, thanks a lot for your reply :)

It's funny because I actually wanted to buy that very laser you mentioned until the last moment, when I switched to the one I ordered because I felt like the price was more realistic and the host was more to my taste. Also I appreciate your warning on laser goggles.

Just out of curiosity, what are some fun things you can do with the pointer you ordered? I bought this one in order to replace a broken one that won't work unless it is put in very high heat, and I need a laser that works in colder temperatures - and of course I learnt later that a DPSS laser like the one I bought still won't be great, so I'll have to save up again until I can buy a 520nm pointer... And this is why I should have done more research.

If you spend a little more and build a unit with an Osram 520 you will have a nice laser to last a long time, another problem with dpss 532's is you never know if they will be well made or not, some last and some don't, some mode hop and some mode hop a lot, also directs are much better in the winter/summer months as they are not as heat sensitive, also lens replacement is easier and many of the 532's now come with a match lighting lens that makes a big fuzzy spot far field even at it's best focus.

Yes, good advise on the laser safety glasses, you want to protect your eyes. (y)

If you spend a little more and build a unit with an Osram 520 you will have a nice laser to last a long time, another problem with dpss 532's is you never know if they will be well made or not, some last and some don't, some mode hop and some mode hop a lot, also directs are much better in the winter/summer months as they are not as heat sensitive, also lens replacement is easier and many of the 532's now come with a match lighting lens that makes a big fuzzy spot far field even at it's best focus.

Yes, good advice on the laser safety glasses, you want to protect your eyes. (y)

hak sez..

lots of great advice... and nice that you appreciate it... ready for some MORE?

please combine please posts 6 -7 +8 (iirc) using edit, copy, paste, dele, then repeat until you have just one post-another may have suggested that..

OR kinda embarrassing --A mod can come behind and 'tidy-up' by combining them for you.

I know ' it is a dumb rule' but it has been that way for a long time ..and... we will not change it--double posts?< NO triple posts HELL NO..jk

we have seen the same/similar... post/question hundreds of times--and we ask ourselves--why now --why not BEFORE you took the chance..
myb this helps--NO MEMBER w/ any time here buys from pointerpro--and we gladly share that.. and same for WICKED LASERS.. We do not buy from them either.. the list is very long & I have no time to 'spoon'.. myb the best search is 'Who is the best seller?'.

we do not charge to ask questions UNLESS they have been asked before and THAT means SEARCH before you repeat a question.. repeated questions are 1$ each payable to Admin LPF tyvm ( in my best Elvis voice)

BTW welcome new member from Canada-

-have you 'checked in' w/ 'Laserbee' ?(yet)
you should

hak in TX

Hey, hak in TX. Do you still want that diffraction grating? I have already mailed the one that cistercian asked for in the same thread. Need to to send me a PM with your address.

Just out of curiosity, what are some fun things you can do with the pointer you ordered?
I was looking for a pointer that assists me in astronomical teaching. It's much easier to point at the stars with such a device than to explain
"look at this bright star overhead, the blue one. No, more to the south, you see, the one in the triangle. Which triangle? The big one with the bright stars. Then look into the center of this triangle. Do you see the faint star? No the other one..."

I have a rail mounted on my telescope where I can simply hold the pointer and klick the button to show where the telescope is pointing. This works, if the pointer is smooth and full length cylindrical with no protruding elements. That's why I took this boring looking one. I hoped it would align perfectly with the rail - which it does.

I have to keep the pointer warm and in my jacket during a nightly observing session, but it's OK. The beam quality is great and the beam is a thin needle pointing at the stars. Perfect for the job.

we have seen the same/similar... post/question hundreds of times--and we ask ourselves--why now --why not BEFORE you took the chance..

I can explain that. If you are looking for a laser pointer, you open google and type in "laser pointer buy cheap" or something similar. Then you skim over the results. You quickly stumble across the named companies and their shops really look promising. You cannot assume that a newby, interested in a new toy looks for a discussion forum first to learn everything and THEN buy a gadget. This is most likely a second or third step, if anything, once you got curious or you have troubles with the item. Then you are looking for help. If you are looking for a forum, you will find one. If you are looking for buying an item, you will find shops. You will miss the possibility of a forum alltogether where the nerds discuss buying, building and operating handheld lasers. You don't have a clue such a thing might even exist.

But isn't there a forum for everything, no matter how weird the topic might look to a stranger?

I bet that most customers of named companies never have the need to look for a discussion and therefore are not aware of this board. They simply play around with their toys and are happy. This is how the market is organized. If you think you got reasonable value for your money, both parties are satisfied. You need to be worried about something to look further. Worried about value, worried about safety, worried about reputation.

Last edited:

Supreminator

hak sez..

lots of great advice... and nice that you appreciate it... ready for some MORE?

please combine please posts 6 -7 +8 (iirc) using edit, copy, paste, dele, then repeat until you have just one post-another may have suggested that..

OR kinda embarrassing --A mod can come behind and 'tidy-up' by combining them for you.

I know ' it is a dumb rule' but it has been that way for a long time ..and... we will not change it--double posts?< NO triple posts HELL NO..jk

myb this helps--NO MEMBER w/ any time here buys from pointerpro--and we gladly share that.. and same for WICKED LASERS.. We do not buy from them either.. the list is very long & I have no time to 'spoon'.. myb the best search is 'Who is the best seller?'.

we do not charge to ask questions UNLESS they have been asked before and THAT means SEARCH before you repeat a question.. repeated questions are 1$ each payable to Admin LPF tyvm ( in my best Elvis voice)

BTW welcome new member from Canada-

-have you 'checked in' w/ 'Laserbee' ?(yet)
you should

hak in TX

I merged the posts. Sorry, I am new here...

And I did search this question here before, I just didn't find the type of answer I was looking for. I feel like I got it now, though. Thank you

Reactions: GSS