Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I bought a laser but seller doesn't respond

Status
Not open for further replies.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
The flashlight isn't yours, and at the sellers request has been asked to be returned. Therefore you must return it or pay for it if you wish to keep it. You can only keep hold of the flashlight under the condition the seller allows it. There is clearly a trust issue regarding the return of goods. You are right to be concerned about not getting the shipping costs reimbursed, however you are obligated to return it regardless. I would send it tracked therefore proving the item is in transit. And then your written communication serves as a obligation for trinh to fulfil his part of the transaction. As for the broken laser; assuming proof of which has already been communicated with the seller, trinh bares responsibility to produce goods of acceptable quality to you as the consumer or give full refund of the initial order value.

QiQi

I don't even want the flashlight !
But it's the only thing i have for having some insurance
He has my hard earned money
As a customer request, I asked to be refunded first

He screwed up, not me
And i don't trust him anymore
He refund me first then I will send back everything with tracking number

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
From the sellers point of view, how can he be assured that you will return the goods? Regardless you need to return the flashlight. You can't hold on to it for insurance. Do everyone correctly from your side and you'll have an easier time in a payment dispute if it gets that far.
Trinh, you need to refund QiQi his money for the defective goods, and stick to your agreement about refunding the shipping costs once in receipt of a tracking number.

I don't even want the flashlight !
But it's the only thing i have for having some insurance
He has my hard earned money
As a customer request, I asked to be refunded first

He screwed up, not me
And i don't trust him anymore
He refund me first then I will send back everything with tracking number

It's not illegal to keep the flashlight as insurance (in the USA), but, from a moral standpoint, it's a bit sleazy.

The right thing to do would be to return it. If you want to refuse to pay shipping, ask Trinh if he can send you a shipping label for it. Maybe if he can repair the laser, you could save money and ship them both back to him in the same box.

I know you are skeptical, and I think you have every right to be, but if you try to make this more difficult, the two of you are just going to have a harder time sorting this out.

Just my two cents.

QiQi

From the sellers point of view, how can he be assured that you will return the goods? Regardless you need to return the flashlight. You can't hold on to it for insurance. Do everyone correctly from your side and you'll have an easier time in a payment dispute if it gets that far.
Trinh, you need to refund QiQi his money for the defective goods, and stick to your agreement about refunding the shipping costs once in receipt of a tracking number.
Yes and I will return it + the broken laser
AFTER the refund
I don't trust him anymore
Thrinh probably doesn't even understand your post sadly

price of this flashlight isn't 10$,20$
it is 300$
he don't want send it
i sent laser to him and he say" Trinh,you sent me a dead laser,etc,he say i scam he"
Do you think a scamer send 2 time for you?and cost shipping iss 50$ ,flashlight 300,lasser 200,he pay 282,so i loss more than 200,he have 300$ flashlight and a good laser host,good diode (nubm44v2) and maybe driver is broken
SO WHO LOSS IN THIS CASE,IT IS ME!!!!!
STOP QIQI
COVID-19 MAKE ALL TIRED,PLEASE SEND BACK FLASHLIGH AND LASER,I WILL SEND YOU ALL
AND I WANT SAY" I DON'T TRUST YOU"

He didn't return the flashlight yet???
he said after I sent the laser, and he didn't, and I also determined from the beginning, I loss it

1 customer in the US who loves flashlights received the laser by mistake, he returned them to me and I am making him a new one, because all limed flashlights are out of stock, the product is so unique and rare

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Okay here's my opinion and suggestion on how this should be resolved.

1. Trinh you give the refund and the extra money it will cost for return shipping of both the flashlight and broken laser.

2. Qiqi after you get the refund you package up both the flashlight and laser and send it.

If you both can agree to do your part then that is that but if you agree and do not fulfill your part of the agreement you will be banned from lpf permanently. Sound good to you guys?

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
It seems we are at a complete impasse where neither side trusts the other. The only solution I can think of is to use a middleman.

What if everything is sent to a veteran, trusted member of the forum, preferably a moderator. The laser, the flashlight, and the full refund. That way neither side gets anything until this trusted member has verified it's all in their position and neither side can run off with the others' stuff.

Hi all,
Please give me 1 month because i have some order is not finish
When all done,i can out forum,you don't need banned me
About Qiqi,no have refund if i no have flashlight and laser error in hand,i won't change my opinion

QiQi

Okay here's my opinion and suggestion on how this should be resolved.

1. Trinh you give the refund and the extra money it will cost for return shipping of both the flashlight and broken laser.

2. Qiqi after you get the refund you package up both the flashlight and laser and send it.

If you both can agree to do your part then that is that but if you agree and do not fulfill your part of the agreement you will be banned from lpf permanently. Sound good to you guys?
Sounds perfect
Couldn't said it any better

QiQi

he said after I sent the laser, and he didn't, and I also determined from the beginning, I loss it

1 customer in the US who loves flashlights received the laser by mistake, he returned them to me and I am making him a new one, because all limed flashlights are out of stock, the product is so unique and rare
You really think i wouldn't wait first untill i received the package?
You serious? what if you sent me another flashlight??
And i'm glad i waited because if i didn't i probably just got left with a broken laser

And what about custom costs and shipping that you promised to refund me as well?

So what now trinh? We just move on?

You have a nice host......looks like a very nice host and most likely a good laser diode, in reality all you likely need to do is replace the driver, you can send the laser to someone here to fix it for you if you can't fix it yourself ........which you should learn to do anyway because it's not difficult, but you need to return the flashlight, it's not yours.

Trin made a good faith effort in sending you the laser without you having to send the flashlight 1st, now it's your turn to make an effort, RETURN HIS FLASHLIGHT !

Keep the laser if you don't trust him, but return his flashlight, it's not yours and I don't blame him for not sending you anything else until he gets his flashlight back.

You need to return the flashlight, you will still have the laser, yes it's non-working which is a separate issue but you do have it, it has value.

Holding the flashlight for ransom won't get you any further with Trin, he has honor, he sent the laser to you in good faith before he got the flashlight back ( which you didn't send ) and he had no reason to intentionally send you a non working laser, that's ridiculous, now it's your turn to make a good faith effort and return the flashlight, or be a pig and keep both items ( worth twice what you paid ) but don't expect to get anything else until you return his flashlight.

Take the high ground if you still can and return the flashlight, if things don't work out someone will likely fix your laser for free or at minimum cost, but not until you return his flashlight.

P.S. Sorry that you had to wait for a custom item at a great price from across the seas, but this is a hobby for you both, your expected to at least make a good faith effort, you need to return his flashlight.

It's unfair to punish Trin at this point when he sent the laser before getting his flashlight back, Trin made a good faith effort, now it's QiQi's turn.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.