Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I bought a laser but seller doesn't respond

Status
Not open for further replies.

QiQi

Hello, i just wanted to ask if i should be worried
I have bought this laser from the username: trinh hong phuoc
We have a 3 page long conversation wich he responded to every message within a day everytime

After i paid the money through paypal as payment ($282), he doesn't respond anymore
My last message to him was to ask him when the laser would be finished and that he could provide me a tracking number
That was on monday 04/12, he logged in 2 times after this message but didn't respond to it
Now he doesn't even log in anymore and his last log in was teusday (before the payment he logged in every day)
should i be worried? i am covered by paypal protection right?

thanks in advance

Encap

That member "trinh hong phuoc" has not posted on LPF snce 27 July 2020.
LPF plays no part in/has nothing to do with any private sales by members.

If you have his email address email him. If no response perhaps you can cancel the paypal payment.

"Protected" by Paypal-probably if the money sent was as payment for
"goods and services" and not sent as a "gift"/friends and family" payment.

See: https://laserpointerforums.com/thre...-refund-you-if-you-never-get-the-item.104219/

Last edited:
Hi,
Get the refund.... if a merchant doesn't react to a customers request in a timely manner thats terrible customer service period.
For a time early when he introduced himself to LPF he was fine. Then gradually started to decline in not being transparent with customers.
Sanwu and Jet Lasers are well know for customer service here on the forum. And are professionals in the laser community ..
And yes agreed he makes fine hosts his hosts are CNC machined, give him the 7 days to reply and send a tracking number.
Then if your not satisfied then send a grievance to PayPal . It might just be a good reason to why he's not responding to your PM's
Rich:)

Last edited:
Don't worry about Trinh, he'll come through. I've done lots of business with him recently. He goes MIA sometimes but he'll get back to you. Things are done a little differently in his country.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
His builds are usually high quality. I hope he gets back to the OP soon.

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Don't worry about Trinh, he'll come through. I've done lots of business with him recently. He goes MIA sometimes but he'll get back to you. Things are done a little differently in his country.
How are things done differently in his country?

QiQi

Hello,
Thank you all for the responses
The payment was done after he sent me an invoice
So i don't think it was a gift/friends family payment
can i cancel a payment even if the payment is done?

Is the best thing now is asking him to reply to my messages? and wait couple of days so i can take a screenshot and send it to paypal if neccesary? and mayby also email him to his email account that's listed in the invoice?

I mean i am protected by paypal right? because i don't know if lasers are illegal goods wich paypal will not refund if that's the case

Encap

Hello,
Thank you all for the responses
The payment was done after he sent me an invoice
So i don't think it was a gift/friends family payment
can i cancel a payment even if the payment is done?

Is the best thing now is asking him to reply to my messages? and wait couple of days so i can take a screenshot and send it to paypal if neccesary? and mayby also email him to his email account that's listed in the invoice?

I mean i am protected by paypal right? because i don't know if lasers are illegal goods wich paypal will not refund if that's the case
How do you propose to ask him to reply when you can't get a reply? lol Did common sense leave you ? lol

Do whatever you want to do. Good idea, email him if you have an email address.
As everyone mentioned the seller is slow to respond and not to be too worried about it---is not an ordinary business just a guy in Vietnam doing on the side. --if you don't want to wait----cancel the payment if not to late to do so or ask for a refund, or make a PayPal claim/dispute if you want to.

Really you need to study and/or ask PayPal if you don't know what you are doing and want to explore possible options.
It takes only seconds to search on Google or PayPal and find an answer as well. LPF does not speak for PayPal in any case and has nothing to do with the sellers actions or lack of actions. .
What do you expect anyone on LPF can do beyond nothing? The seller has not been of on LPF since July 2020 so PMs won't help.

From: https://www.paypal.com/lv/smarthelp/article/can-i-cancel-a-payment-that-i've-already-sent-faq637
"You can usually cancel a PayPal payment that is in a pending or unclaimed status. These payments will have a status of “Unclaimed” and will show in the “Pending” section of your PayPal account. ... If the payment is completed, you won't be able to cancel it. You'll need to contact the recipient/seller and request a refund"

"How do I cancel a PayPal payment already sent?
Can I cancel a payment that I've already sent?
  1. On the Movements page, locate the pending payment.
  2. Click Cancel in the Pending Payment section.
  3. Click on Cancel payment."

Last edited:

QiQi

Hello encap,
No it's because i can take a screenshot for at least trying to contact him
My plan was to ask him if he could reply to my message and wait a week and if he doesn't respond after a week, i can take a screenshot from the message with the "present date" on my desktop so i could attach it to the claim when i start one

I think the payment is completed because he sent me an invoice and i have paid it so i don't think its possible to cancel it
But thanks for explaining how to cancel a pending payment
It's strange because before the payment was done he went online everyday and replied everytime to my message within a day
Now my last message was a week ago asking him when the laser would be finished and that it was possible to send me a tracking number,
He went online 2 times after this message and didn't reply and now he doesn't even come online anymore for more than a week
That's why im kinda worried because the amount was $282 for a 6W laser

Encap

The PayPal options are what they are.
Good luck with whatever you do about the situation.

"Important notes:
You can only cancel an unclaimed payment that has the Cancel link next to it.
A pending payment is automatically cancelled if the recipient does not claim or accept it within 30 calendar days.
If you pay by credit or debit card and the payment is cancelled, the amount will be returned to the method used.
Term: The refund period will be from 5 to 30 calendar days.

If you wish to request a refund for a successfully completed payment, we show you how to find the recipient's contact information:
  1. On the Movements page, click on the payment you wish to be reimbursed for.
  2. Once you locate the recipient's email, send them a message requesting a refund.
If the recipient (or the seller) does not accept or make a refund of your payment You will have the option of opening a dispute in the Resolution Center of your PayPal account. And you can contact your seller through your PayPal account to resolve your request."
From: https://www.paypal.com/lv/smarthelp/article/can-i-cancel-a-payment-that-i've-already-sent-faq637

Last edited:
Hello, i just wanted to ask if i should be worried
I have bought this laser from the username: trinh hong phuoc
We have a 3 page long conversation wich he responded to every message within a day everytime

After i paid the money through paypal as payment ($282), he doesn't respond anymore
My last message to him was to ask him when the laser would be finished and that he could provide me a tracking number
That was on monday 04/12, he logged in 2 times after this message but didn't respond to it
Now he doesn't even log in anymore and his last log in was teusday (before the payment he logged in every day)
should i be worried? i am covered by paypal protection right?

thanks in advance
Give him a deadline, and write it here PM and on the email that is on the PayPal recipe' and tell him if you don't hear back in like 10 days from now, you will conclude from the lack of response, that the purchase is no longer in play' and he is simply not able to deliver according to the agreement.
- and yep' you are covered if he sent you an invoice for an item.. I reckon it is still 6 months from the payment date, so don't worry about that aspect and it doesn't matter that it's a laser pointer.
When did you pay him the money.. I notice you wrote 12-4-21, but that sounds like it is the last message and not the payment, and did he give you any guidance when the build would be finalized. (it can take some time from these DIY makers but usually they do give you an ebit)
Been down that road with a seller from the UK and two laser pointers he sold, that he didn't deliver or responded - after he got the money, and no problem with PP, my money was returned and the aspect of "laserpointer" had no bearing on that.. the biggest con is the hassle and time wasted,.

It sounds like many others have been down the same road with this seller and got a positive outcome, so that does give him some merits, and important to have that in mind.
So maybe give him some time, with a set deadline like a week or two or three, depending on your patience, and inform him on forum PM and PP email. what you gonna do if you don't hear back in that exact period and you will start a PP dispute for your money..
Certainly, bad practice to not respond back to your customers, but life and plans are not always linear not least here in cov19 era and if your product depends on certain parts from China.
I'm still waiting for a diode from Techhood it is more than 6 months, but they likely forgot it so I need to reach out, but it was back in lat2020 where NUGM3 was in short demand..

Last edited:

QiQi

Hi, the invoice was paid on 9-4-21, his last message was on 10-4-21
I have mailed him on his email adress that's on the invoice on 19-4-21 , asking him what the status was and if there was any problem that i could have a refund
He did answered me after that mail on the same day, he told me that he would provide more info when the laser was done, (wich i found strange that you couldn't give any information after 9 days)

Then i asked him on the same day what kind of material the laser would be and that's it's possible to have it made in brass or stainless steel
Now we are 4 days later and still didn't answered back

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.