Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

HUGE DILEMMA

Ace82

Ok, I’m ready to buy a blue DPSS.

A. RPL 35 for ~ $1,050 (with no batt or charger because I already have them)
B. DX/Warn/Bob 30mW for ~ $690

I am more then willing to buy from Jack because I support his cause 110%, and because I love and trust the quality and technology of the RPL’s, and I know I’ll get ~40mW and 1 year warrantee and I will receive it the next day and he has great customer service.

But, I’ll save ~ $360, get to review a new laser which nobody seems to yet have (except cOld, but what does he know… :p JUST KIDDING!!!) and that’s about all the pro’s I can think of. I won’t be able to compare it to a blue RPL (which would be a great review). And all the pro’s for the RPL are uncertain or possibly cons with choice B (except I won’t get the pretty blue gems…lol).

Basically, I just got my “stimulating” $600 government check. I’m a little nervous because I’m not in the most comfortable of living situations (but then who’s 100% secure anyway) and I guess I need a little persuasion. My mind is pretty much made up, I just wanted to see what you fellas had to say. Thanks for your input.

Peace - Ace

do you only want a pointer? you can get more mW/price if you order a lab module

well that does severely limit your choices, and I'd like to see a review of the DX blue (do you have a power meter?) otherwise i'd suggest going for the RPL

I'd go for the Opto. Yes it's more money, but you know that buy will be a safe one. If the DX would be like $300 I'd go for that one, but even the DX is almost $700. So neither of the units are 'bargains', both are quite some cash for a laser. And if I'd be spending those amounts of money, I'd go for a reliable and trusted supplier.

PS: I would really look forward to your review of the Opto blue RPL! :cool:

if you don't like the dx, you can send it back, and get an optotronics laser.

Razako

If you want guaranteed quality and customer service you should go with the blue RPL. No other comments.

If you want to take a gamble and possibly get a great unit for $400 less go with the DX 30mw blue. Another thing to consider is that the dx 30mw is a lot smaller and more of an actual pointer. You can't carry a blue RPL around easily to show off your unique blue laser. Dx does have OK customer service and they offer a 3 month warranty so if you get a completely bad laser you can always RMA it. Also it would be nice seeing someone who knows what they are doing review one of these cheap blues. c0ld apparently hasn't tested his for IR leakage or checked to see if it is pulsed or cw. Mabey he just doesn't have time to update the review.

I say get the DX and if it sucks you can get a refund and go for the RPL.

Ace82

Unfortunately I do not have a power meter which limits a crucial reviewing point, and is more persuading me to go with the rpl because it comes with a certificate.

Switch

Yea, what everybody else said. ::) I mean, I might just be worth getting the DX if you had a power meter.But this way, get the RPL, no additional headaches.

Ace, i'd calm down and stop from buying either blu-ray.

i have a better option

why not ask jayrob to kindly build a 6X blu-ray for you?

http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1207011306

he has done a REALLY good job, of course you can pay him a little more for the work, it will still cost you less and you'll get a MONSTER.

he said it cost him 430 dollars.....maybe he'll accept 600? dont know, but i really think you should consider this :)

Ace82

nikokapo said:
Ace, i'd calm down and stop from buying either blu-ray.

i have a better option

why not ask jayrob to kindly build a 6X blu-ray for you?

http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1207011306

he has done a REALLY good job, of course you can pay him a little more for the work, it will still cost you less and you'll get a MONSTER.

he said it cost him 430 dollars.....maybe he'll accept 600? dont know, but i really think you should consider this :)

blu-ray? http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1206558192 I guess I could build my own burner (next project ;)) but this is about the DPSS laser.

Chuck Norris can call a 473nm DPSS laser "blu-ray" if he wants! ;D

just to know, why do you want 473nm when you can have 405nm? it will fluoresce better...

is it because you want it BLUE and not blue-ish?

(Chuck Norris can see red at x-ray wavelength if he wants)

or do you want a dpss for the better divergence?

maybe you should consider 401k or simular investments
just joking get the RPL ::)

chido

nikokapo said:
just to know, why do you want 473nm when you can have 405nm? it will fluoresce better...

is it because you want it BLUE and not blue-ish?

(Chuck Norris can see red at x-ray wavelength if he wants)

or do you want a dpss for the better divergence?

405nm looks purple, not blue-ish, and DPSS lasers have worst divergence than diode lasers, but they do have a thinner beam.