Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

How to make a Xbox 360 HD DVD laser.

if its a 4 battery holder just jumper one of the slots that the batt sets in that way you will have 4.5 volts

TMR

well great i broke the diode -.- :'(
tried to take it out of the cover. it worked fine with the red diode but this one broke...

thc i will try to build a laser after i get some cash for another hd dvd driver.
c ya

TMR said:
well great i broke the diode -.- :'(
tried to take it out of the cover. it worked fine with the red diode but this one broke...

thc i will try to build a laser after i get some cash for another hd dvd driver.
c ya

how do you know it broke?
what worked with the red one?
did you use a driver?

TMR

i heard a crack and some tiny glass parts fell out...
and nothing like that happened to the red diode
didnt turn it on...

chido

The diode cracked??? :eek: Damn dude, what current were you driving it at?
What do you mean by "didn't turn it on" does it mean you haven't tried powering it up to see if it works ok???

Zom-B

He broke it literally. Probably by harvesting it. As he has not tried turning it on, it could still be ok.

right TMR?

chido

Zom-B said:
He broke it literally. Probably by harvesting it.

Oh, that makes more sense, ;D since he said "I heard a crack" it gave me the impression that he didn't brake it himself.

chido

Because if he gets a high powered xbox diode he's going to want to put in more than 38mAs.

chido

Some people want to adjust the current going to the diode without having to change the resistors. But if you don't mind having to adjust the current then by all mens, get a rkcstr driver.