Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

How to make a red laser pointer burn things

KD

Hi i would like to make a red laser pointer burn things but i don't know how to? Yes i checked youtube and they do have videos on the subject but they are for green pointers. I also don't want to smash up my DVD burner either just to make a normal laser pointer burn things. I do not wish to use this in an immature manner. PLease help me :-/

P.S: One like this

Attachments

• images_004.jpg
    images_004.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 2,153

you wont be able to make the one you like burn that will push tops 5mw

you need a lot more than that.

try looking at the many thread and stickies in the red laser section and the mod section

KD

I have about three laser pointers what about this one

Attachments

• laser2_004.jpg
    laser2_004.jpg
    1.4 KB · Views: 1,346
the cheapest you can get one is only if your not in us then you can get it for $44 shipped.if your in the us maybe $65

any key chain laser will not be strong enough.

and if you can post a link to the laser and info about it we will be able to help a lot more than just pictures

KD

thesk8nmidget said:
any key chain laser will not be strong enough.

and if you can post a link to the laser and info about it we will be able to help a lot more than just pictures

well how many mw do you need and i might buy a green 5mw laser because there is guides to modifying them on youtube

Don't trust youtube for laser modifications. Most of them are fake/will destroy your laser diode.

KD

The video dosn't mention the diode actually they use another tecnique

Its not as simple to turn the pot thingy or remove a resistor to make a high power laser............................
the manufacture would have done it for you & charged way more!

Yea, they open up the laser, adjusts the pot to give the laser more current, making it more powerful. BUT it doesn't work. More current - more juice to the diode - and ZZAPP! :D Your diode is dead. As mentioned above, do NOT trust youtube tutorials. Most things has a limit, laser diodes as well. You can't push the power beyond that limit. If you do, you will have to give your dead laser diode a burial. :( ;)

And you won't be able to make an lil 5mw red laser pointer to a burning one. You need a more powerful diode than in that one. You can get a laser diode powerful enough at www.stonetek.org/shop. Then, I suggest you browse the forum for laser tutorials, there are loads of 'em. :)

those you tube videos also lack what laser they use and all lasers are different. you can sometime do a pot adjustment on those greens but i would not go much further than that if you want it to live very long.

do it right and buy the parts for a red and build it yourself.

Cyparagon said:
[quote author=moond0ggie link=1219432271/0#9 date=1219439610]Its not as simple to turn the pot thingy

Or "tighten the screw" as some say  ::)[/quote]

I've been turning for 20 minutes and it's not tight yet. I want to burn a money sign into something with these included diffraction caps!!!

:-X :-X :-X :-X