Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

How to make a red laser pointer burn things

KD

Hi i would like to make a red laser pointer burn things but i don't know how to? Yes i checked youtube and they do have videos on the subject but they are for green pointers. I also don't want to smash up my DVD burner either just to make a normal laser pointer burn things. I do not wish to use this in an immature manner. PLease help me :-/

P.S: One like this

Attachments

• images_004.jpg
    images_004.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 2,152

thesk8nmidget

you wont be able to make the one you like burn that will push tops 5mw

you need a lot more than that.

try looking at the many thread and stickies in the red laser section and the mod section

KD

I have about three laser pointers what about this one

Attachments

• laser2_004.jpg
    laser2_004.jpg
    1.4 KB · Views: 1,346

jamilm9

the cheapest you can get one is only if your not in us then you can get it for $44 shipped.if your in the us maybe $65

thesk8nmidget

any key chain laser will not be strong enough.

and if you can post a link to the laser and info about it we will be able to help a lot more than just pictures

KD

thesk8nmidget said:
any key chain laser will not be strong enough.

and if you can post a link to the laser and info about it we will be able to help a lot more than just pictures

well how many mw do you need and i might buy a green 5mw laser because there is guides to modifying them on youtube

erdabyz

Don't trust youtube for laser modifications. Most of them are fake/will destroy your laser diode.

KD

The video dosn't mention the diode actually they use another tecnique

moond0ggie

Its not as simple to turn the pot thingy or remove a resistor to make a high power laser............................
the manufacture would have done it for you & charged way more!

lazerguy

Yea, they open up the laser, adjusts the pot to give the laser more current, making it more powerful. BUT it doesn't work. More current - more juice to the diode - and ZZAPP! :D Your diode is dead. As mentioned above, do NOT trust youtube tutorials. Most things has a limit, laser diodes as well. You can't push the power beyond that limit. If you do, you will have to give your dead laser diode a burial. :( ;)

And you won't be able to make an lil 5mw red laser pointer to a burning one. You need a more powerful diode than in that one. You can get a laser diode powerful enough at www.stonetek.org/shop. Then, I suggest you browse the forum for laser tutorials, there are loads of 'em. :)

thesk8nmidget

those you tube videos also lack what laser they use and all lasers are different. you can sometime do a pot adjustment on those greens but i would not go much further than that if you want it to live very long.

do it right and buy the parts for a red and build it yourself.

Ace82

If you dip your laser in water, it will make it 500mW.

Seriously though, here we go again.

These forums are FILLED with information, and things like this become quite redundant.

check out this thread:
Basic FAQ’S…Read before posting!

GooeyGus

Cyparagon said:
[quote author=moond0ggie link=1219432271/0#9 date=1219439610]Its not as simple to turn the pot thingy

Or "tighten the screw" as some say  ::)[/quote]

I've been turning for 20 minutes and it's not tight yet. I want to burn a money sign into something with these included diffraction caps!!!

:-X :-X :-X :-X