Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

How to keep the diode from falling out?

I am trying to fit one of the senkat diodes in the axis module and if fits fine but falls out. Can someone recommend a way to keep it in?? I was thinking of maybe hot glue gunning it. Has anyone else had this problem??

I seen the post about gorilla glue, what are some other good ways to keep it in?

C

Chris.

It should be a REALLY tight fit, usually requiring a vice to insert properly?

Glue will stop the heat from flowing to the case. You need to press the diode into the back of the case. Take the back end of it with the small hole in the back and flip it so the diode legs stick into the hole. Then position the diode behind the front part and use a vice to press the two together. The diode should press into the front part for a very tight fit.

S

SenKat

rathamon said:
I am trying to fit one of the senkat diodes in the axis module and if fits fine but falls out. Can someone recommend a way to keep it in?? I was thinking of maybe hot glue gunning it. Has anyone else had this problem??

I seen the post about gorilla glue, what are some other good ways to keep it in?

Rathamon -

If you bought the casing from me sererate from the diode, let me know - send it back to me, I will replace it with one that works. there were a BUNCH of modules that were like that in the last few batches - I thought I had caught all of them prior to shipping....I had to sacrifice a diode for the purposes of trying to install it in EVERY module I had to make sure none were like you describe. It is possible you got it from an earlier batch, or that I just missed this one.

This offer is good for ANYONE who has purchased the module from me, and the diode just falls out of it, if it was sent that way to you from me, I will replace it. Sorry for the inconvenience. :(

dingle

Hmmm... HOW COULD YOU SENKAT!

Seriously though, its aixiz's fault. I dunno how they could let that happen.

I've used about 15 Aixiz modules and aside from the fact that exterior dimensions are crap and threading is poor, I've never had a diode drop in and fall out. Sometimes I have to skin the inside of the pocket a little so the diode will go in.
Their QC must have failed BIG time.

Mike

S

SenKat

Their QC failed allright....when I order bulk from them - they come ten "units" to a baggie. I had one entire baggie be bad, and a scattering of others. There was 27 that I caught - 18 now with this issue.....I have informed them of this, I also had one unit that was drilled out for the front part of the diode (the realllllly skinny front end part !) but not the wide, 5.6mm part ~! GAH ! Worthless ! :p

Senkat,

I ordered the aixiz modules using the link from the daedal DYI. They also came in a 10 pack bag. I will check the other modules to see if they are all like that. I hope not.   :(

OH! BTW the diodes work great :)

OK, I tried several of the modules in the 10 pack and found one that I will need to press the diode into.

Gazoo

What exactly do you mean? If the mounting hole is the correct diameter the diode is supposed to press in. Please be specific because if the hole is too big then no one will want these modules any more.

buy the modules from DX i never had any problems with them and you get a 5mw laser diode also

Rhith

SenKat said:
Their QC failed allright....when I order bulk from them - they come ten "units" to a baggie. I had one entire baggie be bad, and a scattering of others. There was 27 that I caught - 18 now with this issue.....I have informed them of this, I also had one unit that was drilled out for the front part of the diode (the realllllly skinny front end part !) but not the wide, 5.6mm part ~! GAH ! Worthless ! :p
27 + 1 = 18 :D