Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

how powerful is a 1 watt green laser pointer

Status
Not open for further replies.

the laser man

i ordered a "500mW" laser from a turkish website called "hepsiburada" however i heard 100mW is enough to melt plastic so 500mW could easily burn paper it was a generic laser pointed on the warning sticker it said max output 1000mW but it couldnt even burn paper at extremely close distances it couldnt even heat up my fingers when i pointed at it however it was more powerful than an average keychain laser but still not enough to melt or ignite anything so now i ordered a 1 watt one which is expected to come 1 day after i post this so i want to know how much stuff a 1 watt laser is able to burn (example matches or paper) i dont know at which mW a laser is able to burn i googled it and it was 200mW - 300mW so im pretty sure a 1 watt laser is able to burn alot of stuff just how much and which ones though?

After reading all your posts in different sections I am very worried about you!

My first guess is you didn't come here before ordering a "500 mw" laser and that you paid too much for a piece of junk that is probably only about 40-50mw.

Second guess is that you will hurt yourself or someone else shortly, which concerns me!

Third guess is that you did the same thing again with the new 1 watt laser. And that it is also from the same, less than trustworthy, cheap, dishonest source or a similar one that you paid for the last laser and as such, it will also be very short of 1watt.

You can easily burn and pop balloons with under 100mw depending on the laser and focus. But you can also easily blind yourself and others .

Think about it, if it can BURN A PAPER, what is that going to do if it accidentally gets shined in someones eyes by you or anyone else. Grow up and act responsibly, otherwise you are going to be in trouble!

i ordered a "500mW" laser from a turkish website called "hepsiburada" however i heard 100mW is enough to melt plastic so 500mW could easily burn paper it was a generic laser pointed on the warning sticker it said max output 1000mW but it couldnt even burn paper at extremely close distances it couldnt even heat up my fingers when i pointed at it however it was more powerful than an average keychain laser but still not enough to melt or ignite anything so now i ordered a 1 watt one which is expected to come 1 day after i post this so i want to know how much stuff a 1 watt laser is able to burn (example matches or paper) i dont know at which mW a laser is able to burn i googled it and it was 200mW - 300mW so im pretty sure a 1 watt laser is able to burn alot of stuff just how much and which ones though?
Wow... That is a long sentence. Not a period to be
found anywhere.

FYI... Burning "stuff" with a Laser depends on power density.

Jerry

Status
Not open for further replies.