Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

How old where you when..

v33

I was 20 or so when I bought a red pointer from Radio Shack that was shaped like a thick credit card. It was around $100. That was a long time ago.

How old where you when you bought or made your first laser?
How many lasers do you own now?

I was 12
I only own 3 lasers right now

Edit: I now own more than I can count. :)

what lasers do you have?The lasers are for the stage performance or just for fun?I am curious about it.

I remember buying my first one around the age of 9 which would be about 16 years ago. I remember seeing them in those old magazine people would have with all the gadgets and stuff and I really wanted one. I remember there was a mall cart that sold them and my mom bought me a red keychain laser for around 40$. At the time it felt solid and state of the art, definitely not the same as the cheap ones now. I had several red keychain pointers when I was a child, and eventually got a pen style that my dad bought me for christmas one year. Skip ahead to when 5mW green's were about 80$ and I ended up buying a led-light for around that price on ebay. Shortly after I came across what is now the root of all evil in the laser industry... WL. Which sold CNI at the time. I Was blown away by the idea of such powerful lasers and ended up buying a 150mW pulsar. Then lets just say I started spewing lots of money for lasers which has yet to stop.

Slightly off topic but do any of you remember the old two-piece pulsars wicked used to sell, the grey ones? That remains one of, if not my favorite pen host of all time. Needless to say that one eventually died and they broke my heart when it was replaced by the black military edition one I still have today. On the bright side I guess it was nice of them to actually respond to my email and replace it, much different then the WL of today.