Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

How often and why do new wave lengths get released?

Haha, yea someone should try that, im not going to be the one, though :D

Oh, i just saw some HeNe lasers, but there arent any other forms of orange lasers, i guess?
Because id prefer handhelds. :p

Ill probably never own one, im just curious because you allways see all those different colors, except for orange, even yellow exists.

There is a solid-state way via Pr:YLF but is more expensive than HeNe and is exceeding hard too find. There is no available handheld in the orange, I have tried to get some PR:YLF but I have been unable to find a supplier who will sell to a person.

There is a solid-state way via Pr:YLF but is more expensive than HeNe and is exceeding hard too find. There is no available handheld in the orange, I have tried to get some PR:YLF but I have been unable to find a supplier who will sell to a person.

Musn't forget about Pr:pAYAC :) Good luck finding any of that...and if you do, its stuoud expensive.

Handheld CW dye lasers... CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!

Also, lower wavelength reds (like a standard HeNe) will appear orange-ish if you have orange sensitive eyes.

Last edited:
You cant really see the orange through the camera when the lights are on, but when he turn them off in the end, its just beautiful.
Thanks for sharing man. :)

You cant really see the orange through the camera when the lights are on, but when he turn them off in the end, its just beautiful.
Thanks for sharing man. :)
LOL, I saw this video about a year ago when I didn't know too much about lasers. He kept saying how it was getting oranger and oranger and i was like "WTH, it's just staying the same!" I never made it to the end of the vid. :crackup: