Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

How many Watss is this skyline laser?

Things

My bet is it's probably highly illegal wherever you live - not many places take kindly to high power laser shining in the air without permits.

As for laserscopes, you just need to keep your eye peeled on eBay and the like, they pop up occasionally, sometimes even for <$500. You could also try photonlexicon.com, but be aware, if you just rock up asking where to get a laserscope, you'll become the laughing stock :p

Thanks, Things! I'll check that out.

And for the other guys, you can easily see the beam of low mW lasers IF you are at the perspective angle of being right behind the laser. If you are 10 blocks away and looking at the same laser pointing straight up, you won't see anything.... An extremely high power laser as seen in the video cann be seen under these circumstances... Santos GLNG City of Lights Brisbane Festival 2012 - Laser Light Show - YouTube <--SEE

I'm on an AC-130.

Buddy of mine was in special forces during the Panama invasion (sniper). Best story he told was how they leaked so much false information to Noriega's forces it was almost comical, including about where their drop zone was going to be. So....he and the rest of his Rangers group dropped in further out and hoofed it in to a bluff over looking the 'faux' drop zone, and called in an AC-130 to clean up anybody who showed up for the party. Sure enough, about half a dozen 'AA' carts showed up waiting around to pick off paratroopers like they were smart.

'Puff the magic dragon' comes in, makes an orbit over the area and cleans up all the 'AA' wagons, which are easy to spot at night because they had their engines running. Cuts a few in half according to my bud who was watching on thermal.

Buddy of mine was in special forces during the Panama invasion (sniper). Best story he told was how they leaked so much false information to Noriega's forces it was almost comical, including about where their drop zone was going to be. So....he and the rest of his Rangers group dropped in further out and hoofed it in to a bluff over looking the 'faux' drop zone, and called in an AC-130 to clean up anybody who showed up for the party. Sure enough, about half a dozen 'AA' carts showed up waiting around to pick off paratroopers like they were smart.

'Puff the magic dragon' comes in, makes an orbit over the area and cleans up all the 'AA' wagons, which are easy to spot at night because they had their engines running. Cuts a few in half according to my bud who was watching on thermal.

Sounds like a good huntin' trip to me.

As for you Chexx2000, If you get your hands on 50W of 532 let me know and I will hop on a plane and fly to wherever you are. :beer: