Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

How many of you have "marks" on your keyboard?

Niko said:
Nope, I'd never do that to my expensive keyboard, mouse OR pad :p

BUT.....I have done it to my slippers hahaha
I have a laser mouse. It made it's own marks. . .

uh I think it would be easier to name off things that I haven't burned ;D ;D ;D

i have some burn marks on my keyboard....mostly the space bar and the wrist rest thingy
i also have a couple marks on my secondary computer monitor that i use for the xbox 360

:) i have two lcd screens side by side, one if for computer, other is hooked to xbox. with my flast screen behind me, so i can build lasers, watch tv, play call of duty 5 and play on the computer all at once :D

Frothy Chimp is in a silly mood.

No I don't have marks or anything on my keyboard. I type really well with one hand. Doh! I said that outloud.

No Marks on my Keyboards either... I clean them once in a while... ;D ;D ;D

Gee Frothy... I type with both hands (not necessarily well)...
But only one finger of each hand... and the left hand finger is only
allowed to hit the "Shift" and "Ctrl" keys... ::)

Jerry

pseudolobster said:
Nope. My keyboard is too dear to me... It's a rare IBM Model M keyboard, the only one that ever came in black. They go for around $300 because they're so rare. Really tempting too, because it's black and I'm sure it'd burn real nice.

http://www.clickykeyboards.com/index.cfm/fa/items.main/parentcat/9244/subcatid/0/id/204592

holy crap! I had no idea there was a market for old ass keyboards.. At work we've got an entire room crammed full of old keyboards and you can rest assured I'll be doing more research into this.. gonna make me some $$... :D :D

I have a couple marks but there all from rage. I really should buy a new keyboard even though this is like a month old.

pseudolobster said:
Nope. My keyboard is too dear to me... It's a rare IBM Model M keyboard, the only one that ever came in black. They go for around $300 because they're so rare. Really tempting too, because it's black and I'm sure it'd burn real nice.

http://www.clickykeyboards.com/index.cfm/fa/items.main/parentcat/9244/subcatid/0/id/204592
Yeah... I have a Black one too... and i Love it...
cost a whole $9.99 way back so I bought 10pc...
still have 2 in stock and am using 4 presently...

Jerry

No. My model M is precious to me.

Wow, black model M. I'm happy with my white models. Type just as well, no clit mouse to deal with, and $270 less.

I must say, I hold a higher respect for a professional that still uses these keyboards. I walk into a server room and see some kid with a roll-up, backlit, LCD keyboard with 1000 multimedia keys over bluetooth. Then there's the guy with a clacky IBM model M. I instantly know who the professional is and who I prefer to deal with.

Snytbaggen said:
So what makes those model M so special? Are they nice to use, or what is it?

Yes, they're really nice to use.. They click with every keystroke and they have a really nice mechanical feel. They're about ten pounds and have a solid steel backplate in them. They're pretty much indestructible, I've got a couple from the late 1980's that have been in use pretty much the whole time and they still work perfectly fine, the letters aren't even faded. Every part of them is replaceable and they are really built to last.

There's a whole cult following for these keyboards. If you look up "ibm model m" or "clicky keyboard" on google you should find pages and pages of people fanatically praising it.