Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

how is lasersurplus.com

Hey guys, i was googling a bit lastnite and found this website www.lasersurplusparts.com i searched here for them but all I get in the search feature is noting relevant to this company. Has any body ever ordered from there. they say they have 4x and 6x blu-rays. but i was under the impression from posts here that the 4 and 6 were the same. :-?

thanks
michael

thats weird. i typed the url for the link in my post above and it changed to spammer.com. the company i am curious about is lasersurplusparts.com

thanks
michael

I guess this forum doesn't like that company so that answers that. now on to the differences between 4x and 6x blu ray.

thanks
michael

As far as I'm aware the ranking system is:
PHR-803T -  Up to 150mA but that's pushiing it
4X - Hiigher power at the same current than a PHR and slightly higher power but can't cope with quite as much current as a 6x
6X - Same efficiency as the 4X and can cope with up to 210mA, giving around 200mW through acryllic.

Have a look for DrLava's graph of violet diode performance, it might be stickied somewhere.

The owner of the site got banned for spamming or somethinig like that, so the words are censored.

There's a long-standing history between the two forums... In case you didn't know, that company is the shop of a competing forum, with whom c0ldshadow has had some legal entanglements in the past.

After all they'd done in the past and all the bad air they had between their forum and c0ld, it was really low of them to spam this forum with their advertisements over and over, creating account after account after being banned several times.

I wouldn't imagine they're flat out scammers, I imagine they probably do deliver products, though they don't have a particularly good reputation around here, and plus you can find those parts cheaper on our buy/sell/trade board.

thanks for the heads up. anyways there are other site with less drama so i'll stick to the companies i've been dealing with here already.

thanks
michael

i'm guilty of getting sleds from there when my other sources were out ::)
delivery was fast.

I just ordered one of their inexpensive 16X red diodes. Only $10!

POST 405

Yeah... I just received a small order from them as well... Shipped pretty quick to Canada...
I noticed that they were having a Raffle at $2.00 a ticket for a 6X build with
DrLava's V4 driver... and Goggles and carrying case... and....
I can't remember the rest.... [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

Jerry

ixfd64 said:
Did you mean http://lasersurplusparts.com?

I think the link is censored because of some conflicts between LPF and Laserenthusiast.com, but that was a while ago.

I see what you did there... ::)

Anyways, the conflicts are ongoing, c0ld has been going around editing people's posts when they circumvent the word filter like you've just done. It's pretty clear he doesn't want this particular site being mentioned here on the forum.

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
closing this thread and deleting. someone copied idea of LPF and now they are spamming their site. they copied it after i was threatened for legal action for posts a former moderator made. i had to pay thousands of dollars to hire a lawyer for legal advice for something that wasn't even my fault.

now a person thinks its ok to copy my idea and spam their site in hopes of making sales

they are desperate and needed to recreate multiple accounts to keep spamming even after being banned. a person might sell great lasers but this is a lowly and disgraceful act and they are not welcomed here.

please report if you see anything suspicious

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
hi all, someone told me the site original described was not that one that was supposed to be blocked out. it had a similar keyword in it however which caused it to be blocked

don't know if there was a mixup here, sorry if site was blocked that shouldn't have been