Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

how do you use a multimeter to test laser driver amperage output?

Hi, can someone please explain how do you use a multimeter to test laser driver amperage output? the driver will need to output around 2 amps.

and would this multimeter be suitable to carry out such a test?

I should add I bought a 3 amp dummy test load...

Last edited:

Click the link and look for the CLICK HERE and read the instructions or you can CLICK HERE.

This has been discussed in many threads as well so try a search or you can also read this:

Last edited:
Thank you but can anyone tell me if the multimeter shown would be suitable to carry out such a test?

If not what would a multimeter need to have that the one shown doesn't?

Sure, it's a DMM and loop calibrator combo, just use the V function...... the V------ is DC and the V with the wavy line is AC, you will be using DC the 2nd position from OFF.

Here's info about your meter.

Click here for the manual for your meter.

Even easier just plug your red and black test leeds into the two holes on the bottom right ( COM and V/OHM/DIODE ) " that's the 3rd and 4th holes counting from left to right " and turn your dial clockwise from OFF to the 2nd position, it's the V with the ---- that's the DC volts setting to measure up to 1000 volts dc, use your test load as per the instructions.

Last edited:
Hi,
Nice meter I have a Fluke thats about 15 years old . I found it when a tenant moved out of the space they were renting at work.
Still works great ,,
Rich:)