Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

How do you even make lasers?

I wish I was smart and knew how to make my own lasers, but I don't know the first thing about how to do that, circuitry and wiring are like French to me, are there any good tutorials how to build a laser step-by-step?

A goal of mine is to make video tutorials of this very subject. I still have much to learn before I can make them unfortunately. Welcome to the forum

Carl

Making laser pointers is using other peoples parts, at least, to some extent. You need not have a high IQ to do so, it isn't difficult at all, but completely new ground to some making it seem difficult, its not so technical to do so.

There are some videos on YouTube that can be helpful, also if you look at the white links in my signature you will find very detailed build threads that show you the easiest ways to build a laser from readily available parts where the hard parts are already done for you. You can just solder a couple of pairs of wires and assemble some parts. For your first build do something similar, then when your more familiar with the basics and the parts and can solder, then if you want you can progress to more do it yourself builds. If you make your first build too complicated then something will go wrong and it will be expensive.

I suggest you add your location to your profile, more people will respond to your posts if they know what country your in, especially if you ever ask where is the best place to buy something.

Alan

guys

I have a gut feeling this is a TROLL

We need to stop 'feeding' these new members.

I don't think trolls are truthfull with location when they do add that to their profile page-- some could be returning banned members-

this about the choice of username here

IMO we should give these new members ONE reply-
ADD your location and learn to use the search.
NO posts until they do that.
They show LACK OF REPECT to the forum with this BS.

In the very few cases where I am mistaken about these asshats
I bet, it is a small number.

Save your help for those deserving.

At the other forum they jack the thread to talk about just anything but the OP.

Those that prove to e LYING about locations by a simple IP addy check need to be perma banned as well as ALL returning banned members.

I am a member at a few forums that do NOT allow use of nics not membership w/o REAL location-it that rude? maybe

BUT what some are trying to do is much worse.

This BTW, does not necessarily need to be done n the open forum and can be handled by PMs.

C'mon
LEECHAX ????????
that choice of uername tells me a lot.

USAbro

Hak has it right. However the IP think won't work because what if they're using a proxy that says their somewhere else?
But Leechhax it even sounds like a troll name.

guys

I have a gut feeling this is a TROLL

We need to stop 'feeding' these new members.

I don't think trolls are truthfull with location when they do add that to their profile page-- some could be returning banned members-

this about the choice of username here

IMO we should give these new members ONE reply-
ADD your location and learn to use the search.
NO posts until they do that.
They show LACK OF REPECT to the forum with this BS.

In the very few cases where I am mistaken about these asshats
I bet, it is a small number.

Save your help for those deserving.

At the other forum they jack the thread to talk about just anything but the OP.

Those that prove to e LYING about locations by a simple IP addy check need to be perma banned as well as ALL returning banned members.

I am a member at a few forums that do NOT allow use of nics not membership w/o REAL location-it that rude? maybe

BUT what some are trying to do is much worse.

This BTW, does not necessarily need to be done n the open forum and can be handled by PMs.

C'mon
LEECHAX ????????
that choice of uername tells me a lot.

Wait what? So now everyone thinks I'm a troll? A just joined this forum not too long ago and I never have been on here before. I use Leechhax as my username on every website. Are you familiar with the meme "YOU DON'T SAY!?" I helped create that under the name LeechHax on Reddit. I also am a member of another forum called WhenSHTF (Sh** Hits The Fan) it's an urban survival forum and my name is LeechHax on there. Just search those up.

Wait what? So now everyone thinks I'm a troll? A just joined this forum not too long ago and I never have been on here before. I use Leechhax as my username on every website. Are you familiar with the meme "YOU DON'T SAY!?" I helped create that under the name LeechHax on Reddit. I also am a member of another forum called WhenSHTF (Sh** Hits The Fan) it's an urban survival forum and my name is LeechHax on there. Just search those up.

Ok even if we dont look at the your name, your question itself it's trolling. (Maybe not if you dont know Google)

It seems there is at least one individual who keeps making new member names and comes back quite often with the same kinds of questions which appear to be an attempt to irritate. I think we have a new one here this week too, I've tried to ferret him out after he said both he and his dad want to build a laser, but something doesn't appear right, he won't allow me to contact his "dad" and him together to talk about helping them, or even giving him what he needs for free. I offered Skype, to have both of them online together (I won't ask to talk to him alone, he might really be an adolescent), but so far won't agree. I'm not going to ask him again if he is uncomfortable with that, but still, it kinda hints at something.

Last edited:
I'm new to lasers to but the parts u need are:
Driver
Module
And diode
Get on instructables.com to see some tutorials on some stuff. But yeah u will need to get the correct safety laser glasses first. U can also make a homemade Driver for a laser diode powerful enough to burn stuff here http://www.instructables.com/id/how-to-make-a-laser-diode-driver-that-enables-you-/

:) Alaskan are u talking about me?
I'm not a old member I joined not to long ago and I sent u a pm to u saying I'll check with my dad
I'm not no Leechax whatever dude
Also if I was Leechax why would I ask questions over again that I would have already asked? He joined earlier than me.

Last edited:
I sent a text to my dad Alaskan about the laser thing but he's at work. He's not allowed to take his phone into his work so he'll see it later :)

OK, further discussion on this should be through PM. My understanding is he wants to build this laser with you.