Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

How do you carry your portable lasers?

Ever since I got my first pointer I've been searching for a better way to carry them on my person. Sometimes I envy my wife having a purse she can carry around with all her $%!# in it, haha. Sure you can stuff a pointer or a small handheld directly into your pants pocket, but you will always run the risk of a dirty, or worse, scratched lens. Besides, pants pocket real estate is at a high premium these days, what with there being only two that you don't sit on, and most folks have 1) a wallet, and 2) a phone needing a pocket. Also, directly placing a pointer into your pocket can lead to accidental turn on, which is never a good thing. Placing even a relatively short pen style pointer into a shirt pocket has similar issues, given that most shirt pockets are only 5" deep at best. I certainly wouldn't want my laser to fall out when I bend over to pick something up.

I searched the forums here and all I really saw were threads about storage cases, not carrying cases/holsters. I know for those who make their own handhelds using flashlight hosts have an advantage in this field because usually the company that makes the flashlight will make a belt holster for it. Unfortunately most of my laser collection is pointers. I only have one handheld, and it is not based on a flashlight. I have ordered a belt holster designed to fit various flashlights in the hopes that it might fit it... time will tell once it arrives. Still, I can't find anything suitable for my pointers. My grandfather was a chemist and he had a quality leather dual pen holster with a belt loop on it. I wish I would have inherited it, it would have been perfect for pointers. Unfortunately it was probably thrown out by my grandmother when he died. Anyway, I have not been able to find anything similar for sale. Shirt pocket protectors would work as well, if they weren't all made of thin clear plastic that isn't molded to the shape of a pen. In order to hold a pointer, which is much heavier than a pen, there needs to be some degree of form fitting in the pocket protector.

I seem to remember WL selling a pocket tube case of some kind, but I can't find anything about it any more, not that I want to order from WL anyway, haha :crackup:

So, what method do you use to carry your lasers on you? How do you protect them from pocket dangers?

Cargo pants are where it's at. Seriously get some cargos, you'll never want to wear any other pants. But also, when I carry a laser on me it's random. 100 percent of the time I have my EDC flashlight, but only once in a while I'll take a laser out of the house.

Last edited:
My backpack? Really, the only place I've ever thought to bring anything bigger than a laser pointer was in a backpack for camping.

SRESAL

If you really want a holster, WL sells them for pointers. Just make sure you choose airmail as your shipping method, otherwise you will have to pay too much for shipping alone.

I didn't look, but I find it hard to believe that you couldn't find a suitable holster locally.

I personally think a backpack works best though.

Edit: I have a better idea, PM me your name and address and I'll send you one. Merry Christmas!

Last edited:
Heh, I'm not exactly in a metropolis... The nearest town with a store is about 25miles away, and that store is a Walmart, and that is it! Finding things locally here is often a challenge. It's the other side of the coin, really. Live out in the middle of no where so you can freely enjoy your lasers/ham-radio, but pay the price when it comes to finding/buying something.

A backpack really isn't an option, though I can appreciate it's abundance given the average age of members here. I'm just too old to carry a backpack and not look suspicious, haha.

I tried looking on the WL site for the holster, and didn't see anything. I must have missed it, I'll give another look. I agree about the shipping issue, one of the reasons I don't like WL, heh.

SRESAL, very kind of you to offer! Were you offering a pointer holster or a backpack though?

EDIT: I found the holster at WL now, It's not the type I was thinking of originally. I guess they don't sell the metal case with the screw off cap anymore. I'm not particularly fond of this new holster, as the sides on both the top and bottom are unprotected and exposed. I'll keep my eye out still, I guess.

Last edited:
Get a cigar holster similar to this one.

leather_case_with_cigar_accessories.jpg

A friend of mine wanted a pocket holder as well so I got a metal cigar tube and put some foam inside of it. I gave him a cigar holder that is meant to clip onto a pocket and he keeps the tube in that.

How do you carry your portable laser?
In my anus.

Ahh, hehe, thank you very much I'll PM you my shipping address. This really is very, very nice of you!

If you really want a holster, WL sells them for pointers. Just make sure you choose airmail as your shipping method, otherwise you will have to pay too much for shipping alone.

I didn't look, but I find it hard to believe that you couldn't find a suitable holster locally.

I personally think a backpack works best though.

Edit: I have a better idea, PM me your name and address and I'll send you one. Merry Christmas!

Are you saying that you have a direct line to WL... Like a Sales Rep
or something....:thinking:

Jerry

More often than not, I just keep a small "mini" green in my pocket... It's enough to pop a balloon, or show a nice line in the dark.

I don't trust holsters... lost couple of flashlights and one laser that way.

Emc2

I carry all of my lasers in this bag, it works great! I usually have about 8 lasers and batteries in it along with my iPhone accessories, chargers, monster turbine pro earphones. It's a great all around bag. Here is the link:
REI Travel Day Bag at REI.com

Todd

xoul

Like this...
24d1292295894-han-solo-blaster-jpg

or this...
22d1292295420-luke_skywalker_blue_lightsaber-jpg

Serious face included.

Last edited:
in my pocket? i only have 3 but if i needed to carry them including batteries and chargers they fit in my laptop bag