Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

How do people get cheap laser Diodes

MeWantDiodes

So, I want to get some more in to this hobby. I already have goggles and a laser. (My first laser was a M140 that I ended up frying, part of the learning process). My goggles are the 180nm~532nm OD7+ from Laserglow. My current laser is a lab unit with a cheap heat sink I got from tech hood, a nubm08, and a dc bench supply. My issue is that laser Diodes are quite expensive, this makes me extremely anxious about frying one. Is there a place to get cheap diodes. I do not have any broken electronics, and am not willing to sacrifice any working ones. I would prefer the diodes to be in the uv~green range, so I don’t have to buy a new pair of goggles. (I got the blue blocking ones originally bc I thought I would be playing with Nichia arrays this whole hobby lmao). Yes I am in school. I am 15. That doesn’t mean I am irresponsible with my lasers. I don’t treat my lasers like ‘toys’, always wear goggles and I’m going to attempt to move my laser lab into a room with no Windows. My parents know what I am doing and they know how dangerous a class 4 laser is. Thank god my parents and my younger brother are the only humans for miles. Why do I want to move to a windowless room? It is because my brother is addicted to his ps4, which is also in that room. It would make me feel a lot safer doing it there to.

kecked

Start with 5m pointers off eBay for about 3.00 each. Usually you get one red, one blue, and one green.
these are still not eye safe but at least you have a chance if you mess up.

with diode which you were bought from techhood , i see it is cheap price for diode laser!
beside, you can send an email or messenger for any seller at one of factory laser in china! you will choice the lowest price!

I am going to repeat what was stated above - come back when you are 18 and we will offer suggestions. Otherwise, no one on here should be offering any.

If you are still interested then, ask and I'd be happy to help

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Not sure when his birthdate was so I just made it the same day 3 years from now. Should auto unban after that time.