Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

How did you all stumble upon lasers?

Trevor

If anyone says StumbleUpon I'm gonna scream. :p

As for me, KipKay -> Dragonlasers on Youtube -> long hiatus -> built a PHR labby! :D

-Trevor

jakeGT

stumbleupon is how I found out about astral projections and out of body experiences. I swear to lord i stumbledupon it the night after I think I had one, It was so real, then the next day I found something that explained my "dream" perfectly, and It was so wierd/real!

stumbleupon is how I found out about astral projections and out of body experiences. I swear to lord i stumbledupon it the night after I think I had one, It was so real, then the next day I found something that explained my "dream" perfectly, and It was so wierd/real!

HUH? :thinking:

Asherz

drugs are bad mmkay :drunk:

I stumbled upon lasers after looking for something to build on a weekend, didn't really want to buy a pointer and wandered if I could just build it for cheaper and that's when I came across the forum (and unfortunately Kipkay :p)

jakeGT

Two complete different things, errr well, it could have been drugs.

7th grade science class > bought a greenie > went downhill from there.

Long story short...

Youtube, Then I was hooked :beer:

Same here.
I saw some youtube videos of burning lasers in junior high, then I forgot about them until this year when I came across a video of a burning IR laser. This showed me related videos of other color burning lasers. I did more research on them and came across this site. :)

Last edited:

Plan B

I bought a green laser finder scope for my telescope. I really like the cool factor over a boring ol' telrad. After playing with it a bit on and off the scope I was hooked. Very soon 5mW just wasn't cutting it anymore and dpss was letting me down in the cold so I started hunting around for something new. I found this forum and became even more interested in all the different laser options out there. I have since bought way more lasers then I need.

Things

Saw a little 5mW red spiro at a disco around 7 years back, and I really wanted one myself. Picked up a little 1mW red pointer module, and a laser spiro kit from Jaycar and loved it. Then I found LPF and joined about 4 years ago, found green lasers on eBay, and it took off from there :p

Bought a Coherent 5mw he-ne and tripped the light fantastic. This was ages ago. I actually shined it down the street from a friends house and a car drove buy and pulled over because he saw a red lamp in his mirror and thought it was the police. :D

About 2 and a half years ago I saw a tutorial for a PHR in a dorcy Jr. on the site iHacked.

(I think it is still there...)

I thought that around $60 - $80 was way too much for a laser that could set things on fire. So, I waited for about a year plus a little, and finaly decided that I wanted to build that thing. One thing let to another as you all know and I have been addicted ever since.

I had extra points on a gpt site (getpaidto) so i used to to buy a 5mw green laser from ebay, i was amazed and wanted even stronger.

I have always been a Science Fiction nut, the first real laser I ever saw in the flesh was a HeNe with a rotating glass disk with what I remember to look like random bits of solder on it doing cool looking diffraction patterns on a screen. It was part of a holography exhibit in downtown Atlanta in the late 70's. I wanted that thing so bad, but it would be ~ 8 years after that until I owned my first laser.

SLPbum

I came from blowing out LEDs lights seeing how bright I can get them, tooo lasers..
Soon to be blowing out diodes doing the same..:eg:
I havent been here 2 months and look what I got already...:D
5153-toys.jpg

Addicted ?!? I'd say yes...