Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hotlight LPC-826...550mA....380mW

Fiddy

G'day

Got 3x LPC-826 diodes last week, finally utilised one of them in a blue hotlight.

Im running a flexdrive V5 set at 550mA heatsinked with one of these:

copper%20ruler.JPG

P7161105.jpg

P7161104.jpg

I don't own a 22600 battery yet so these tests where carried out with 3x AAA batteries, results are below.

Looking at this graph was expecting around 380mW so it was pretty much spot on!

23963d1256789548-differences-similarities-red-blu-diodes-p1-8x-vs.-loc-piv-plot.jpg

AR Coated Accrylic Lens 340mW

Hotlight660nmLPC-826550mAARCoatedAcrylic.png

405-G-1 Lens 380mW

Hotlight660nmLPC-826550mA405-G-1.png

Now here's a good question on 550mA how long will she last? :) Only time will tell i spose!

Thanks for looking! :beer:

Last edited:

LaZeRz

Am I seeing stuff or does that say 400mW's ??? :drool:

Awesome laser, Im gonna swap out my dead LOC in my hotlight for a lpc :D

+1 when im allowed again

Just one question.... WHERE ARE THE BEAMSHOTS/BURNING VIDS!?!? :p

Last edited:
Nice build :beer:

I'll get around to buying a LPM one day... :cool:

1+

Last edited:

Fiddy

Am I seeing stuff or does that say 400mW's ??? :drool:

Awesome laser, Im gonna swap out my dead LOC in my hotlight for a lpc :D

+1 when im allowed again

Just one question.... WHERE ARE THE BEAMSHOTS/BURNING VIDS!?!? :p

Hehe thanks man! yep it peaked at 408mW and pretty steady at 384mW :)

Sounds good, im quite pleased with the LPC-826, time will tell of its lifespan.
Are you going to go LPC-826? i presume your dead one was a LPC-815?

My camera (olypmus tough 8000) takes horrible beam shots, tho i will take some burning vids soon!

Nice build :beer:

I'll get around to buying a LPM one day... :cool:

1+

Cheers! Yup they are a real decent piece of kit (thanks lasersbee)

Also, how long do you reckon this acrylic lens will last under 340mW's of optical power?

Last edited:

clif

Hey Mitch! nice.... a 400mw LPC!
How is that heat sink working out on the flexdrive? The other day I used one of those along with a strip of thermal padding material from 3M on a flexdrive set to the max in a 445nm build in a guidesman I did for someone and it ran for at least 5 minutes no flickering... :)

PS:
Best price I was able to get on those 22600's was on ebay from a Chinese seller, they sell 2 packs of them for about $21.

See and they say I never post!

Last edited:

Fiddy

Hey Mitch! nice.... a 400mw LPC!
How is that heat sink working out on the flexdrive? The other day I used one of those along with a strip of thermal padding material from 3M on a flexdrive set to the max in a 445nm build in a guidesman I did for someone and it ran for at least 5 minutes no flickering... :)

PS:
Best price I was able to get on those 22600's was on ebay from a Chinese seller, they sell 2 packs of them for about $21.

See and they say I never post!

Hey,

Seems to be working well! Lasers upto ~500mA output don't heat up very much with your heatsinks on them!

Your heatsinks come with the thermal padding already dont they?
Thats good!

Ahh good stuff, i will have to order some, i wish the hotlight was about a 5mm longer so a 18650 could fit, as i have an abundance of them atm.

Haha good to see you poping up in threads every once in a while :)

clif

Hey,

Seems to be working well! Lasers upto ~500mA output don't heat up very much with your heatsinks on them!

Your heatsinks come with the thermal padding already dont they?
Thats good!

Ahh good stuff, i will have to order some, i wish the hotlight was about a 5mm longer so a 18650 could fit, as i have an abundance of them atm.

Haha good to see you poping up in threads every once in a while :)

They have a thin layered thermal pad on it, but be mindful on how hard you compress the driver against it, I've seen one a couple that I wrapped extremely tight with electrical tape the sharper edges of parts of driver boards cut through. Usually not a problem, especially in hosts that have decent room for drivers.

**That's a decent price DTR for those 22600 batteries considering they're not nearly as commonly available as 18650's. Thanks for the link!!**

Fiddy

I know what you mean, i have had that happen once, it was shorting out the driver input (partly because the solder/wires protruding through the flexdrive where a little bit taller off the board than the chip that needs heatsinking.

clif

I know what you mean, i have had that happen once, it was shorting out the driver input (partly because the solder/wires protruding through the flexdrive where a little bit taller off the board than the chip that needs heatsinking.

Sometimes before I stick the little copper heat sink on there I coat the driver with arctic silver epoxy, it helps that issue out.

Fiddy

Update: She went LED today :(

17/6/2011 - 18/9/2011, 2 months, 2 days old.

At 550mA was used on the odd occasion, easily less than 1hour of run time total.

RIP LPC-826 :can:

Last edited: