Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Host grounding

DTR

I have received a quiet a few questions lately on how to get a good ground in some host like the C6's and the Guidesmans specially since the new 9mm diodes don't have a case pin. I thought I would just post one of the ways I like to do it.

Most hosts will have a pill or some other grounded flat surface inside the host like the C6. On some hosts there are not but hosts like the Guidesmans and a few others you can do the coin mod like the ones in this thread.

http://laserpointerforums.com/f51/f...-continuous-driver-duty-cycle-1-5a-56404.html

Anyway I will use a coin as it is easy to demonstrate but you can do this with the pill on the C6 and other hosts pills just as easily. You will need a drill, a bit, and a screw that is fairly long and is the right size for the bit you use.

You may want to prep the coin if you are doing the coin mod but I wanted to roll thorough this so I skipped that step.

I94pCQ.jpg

I start by drilling a hole in the coin.

LvlVxH.jpg

Screw in the screw nice an tight.

Zt6a0X.jpg

7Qogg1.jpg

Then solder you lead on.

F8w3Tl.jpg

And if you want to make it nice and neat put some shrink tubing over it.

RQi9qF.jpg

Now you have a nice and solid ground wire for your driver. There are other methods as well that may be easier but I thought I would share this one.:beer:

Last edited:

Blord

You know that deliberately destroying money is against the law.

Just kidding, that is a good way to make a ground ! :beer:

Good Idea.:beer:

Many Host out there need a way to do this and this is Great.:)