Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Home-Made Laser Diode

Status
Not open for further replies.
Were did you get your lasers

I bought them, or put them together from parts available here. Some from CNI, some from AtlasNova, some from members on here, and the rest built from parts.

I didn't make the diodes in any of the lasers in my signature.

Although I will add that I'm quite possibly the only person on here who has actually made a laser diode, so trust me when I say you can't do it at home.

Last edited:

Can you post links for each. and a segestion y don't you link them in your sig

Let me google that for you
Let me google that for you

And I'm sure you can find the "Buy, Sell, Trade" section, "Group Buy" section, and the "Tutorials" section on here as well. I don't link them because, well, they're all pretty super easy to find.

Although if you're hoping I have that elusive orange laser, you'd be mistaken. 593.5 is what I'd call "amber", and 635 is what I'd call "bright red". I show the 635nm as orange in my sig because, well, that's just the tag I used to differentiate the colors from each other. They're both pretty much red though.

PCAOM's don't change a lasers colour. Usually the lasers used with them output multiple wavelengths, the PCAOM acts as an adjustable prism, allowing certain wavelengths through.

true it does separate the lasers spectrum :whistle:

Lasers don't run at terahertz, the power is measured in Milliwatts (mW) or Watts. The colour (wavelength) is measured in Micrometers (uM) and Nanometres (nM)

terahertz is the frequency of the light measured from its wavelength.

fyi colour from the frequency/wavelength is just our brains interpretation.

check out Color - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
i agree with Things, if u can't be bothered spending a few minutes searching you don't deserve a laser

If you want a cheap orange laser you can try super cooling a high power 635nm laser diode. You can get it down to about 615nm I think.

-Tony

Hold on i got 3 more posibilities for orange :

1. Buy a 500mw ir laser, buy a orange and burn a hole into it untill it comes out from the other side,... :p

2. Call a extraterrestrial and ask him to make one for you, i'm sure he could make one @ home. :D

3. Make a a reflective square box that is reflective from the inside(or another reflective shape) connect a white light source into it so the light can't escape and then make a hole into it and connect a focusing lens with a orange filter. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.