Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

[Holding] New G7 lens GB with 9mm/8.8mm holder

gif

I am keeping an eye on this thread as well for the test results. I maybe interest in 2-3 depending on the results, hopefully good :beer:

Well I bought one of these for $8 back on the 13th and haven't seen it yet :tired:

Podo

Well I bought one of these for $8 back on the 13th and haven't seen it yet :tired:

It's Chinese new year for the past two week, usually epocket service takes around 6~12 days to arrive any destinations but post office closed for entire week..so i think you may have to wait for few more days.

Last edited:
It's Chinese new year for the past two week, usually epocket service takes around 6~12 days to arrive any destinations but post office closed for entire week..so i think you may have to wait for few more days.

Wiki has Chinese new year from Feb 19th - Feb 25th. If what you say is true the item never shipped yet and I'll be waiting another week or more. You told me it shipped on the 13th which is within the last 2 weeks yet you also say China post has been on new year break during that same time. Don't really care if it arrives or not anymore I loose interest quickly with things and free time causes me to venture into other things which I've been doing. Thanks for the chance though.
Carl

Podo

Wiki has Chinese new year from Feb 19th - Feb 25th. If what you say is true the item never shipped yet and I'll be waiting another week or more. You told me it shipped on the 13th which is within the last 2 weeks yet you also say China post has been on new year break during that same time. Don't really care if it arrives or not anymore I loose interest quickly with things and free time causes me to venture into other things which I've been doing. Thanks for the chance though.
Carl

hmmm, if the lens didn't come within a week start from today, refund will deploy in your account even you received it later on, for nuff said.

I am getting 3w+ out of this lens from a NDB7875 handheld with a good divergence like three elements.Kinda frustrating for reactions I have received from people. Next time I would pay a little more for tracking service and I am really sorry for the package late.

Last edited:
I'm ok waiting. The item is very in-expensive so no worries.

Thanks again

Carl

Podo

I just got one.

I will be able to post results on monday :beer:

Oh finally, starlight did you received it yet ? weird that it didn't reached to you but thejoker301 first..

Last edited:
OK. I got the lens today and was just taking pictures before I tested it.

At the moment I'm going to hold off on testing until I can clean the barrel. The lens is NOT removable and the inside of the barrel has some metal shavings and I'm not sure how to clean it, or at least don't know how to right now

Some pictures of lens
IMG_20150306_193122_836.jpg

IMG_20150306_192830_565.jpg

inside barrel. not sure you can see it this was the best my phone would do.
IMG_20150306_193644_970.jpg

IMG_20150306_194241_492.jpg

Last edited:
True. I just don't want any of it on a diode window so will probably never use the lens. $8 so it wasn't much of a loss right.

Diodes should be okay. It looks like the
contaminants are on the convex side of the
lens that would face away from the diode.
The worst that could happen is that some
could get on the front part of the lens.
As long as the rear and the threads are
clean, it should be okay for a test. :beer:

Well as I thought about it (and seeing Lighting Stalkers post) I figured that it would be safe to do a quick LPM test of the lens against a few others.

Laser used was a Blord 2.5w 445nm 501b
lenses used 3 element, G9, G2, MP9, and this new G7 from Podo

UPDATE video was removed until further tests are done

Last edited:

Podo

Well as I thought about it (and seeing Lighting Stalkers post) I figured that it would be safe to do a quick LPM test of the lens against a few others.

Laser used was a Blord 2.5w 445nm 501b
lenses used 3 element, G9, G2, MP9, and this new G7 from Podo

Oh it's better than G2 in your lpm test. (is it really G2????)

G2 should output more than G7...tbh in my lpm test.

Don't forget to check the divergence too!

Last edited:
starlight, PM me again about this lens. I misunderstood what you were try to tell me.