Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

hit in eye with 263mw red laser!!

Matrix

thanks for your replys guys but seriously i saw no black spot. when it hit my eye it wasnt there for a second it was the corner of my eye no bluriness and 0 blood vessels on my eyes il just wait and see in the morning what they look like and then go to the docs if its bad.

sinner

I am not sure if thread is about hit in the eye with a 263mW red laser and advocating its non-damaging nature' , that said ; how immature can you be after the hit you should see a doctor asap instead of sitting on the computer all day!
since the inflammation can take place in first 12-24hrs you have this window of prophylaxis which you can utilize an anti-inflammatory drug so go see the eye doctor and report back!

I am not sure if thread is about hit in the eye with a 263mW red laser and advocating its non-damaging nature' , that said ; how immature can you be after the hit you should see a doctor asap instead of sitting on the computer all day!
since the inflammation can take place in first 12-24hrs you have this window of prophylaxis which you can utilize an anti-inflammatory drug so go see the eye doctor and report back!

I have been trying to tell him that all day... +Rep to you Sinner

Fiddy

1 second is a relatively long time for a 263mW laser to be on your eye.

DJNY

What was the distance between the laser and your eye?

Was the laser focused to this distance where it hit you?

I'm extremely confused... Why the f#$* make a thread about "What should I do?" If you've clearly already made up your mind that your eye is perfectly fine... You seem to be ignoring everyone elses recommendation to get it checked out and would prefer to juggle your eye sight.. Keep telling yourself "It's ok" when you go blind.

Laik

Or maybe he did actually get hit, in the end i don't care.We gave him advice, he ignored us. If he started it for a higher post count, then shame on him. Off topic: I'm waiting for parts for my phr 805t build and wondering what colour i should build next. I was thinking a 500mw 635nm or a 200mw green. I can't build a 2W 445 because i don't think my parents would approve (they thought my 50mw pen build was a high mw). I was also thinking of the Aurora SH-032 host. Any opinions guys?

Last edited:
Or maybe he did actually get hit, in the end i don't care.We gave him advice, he ignored us. If he started it for a higher post count, then shame on him. Off topic: I'm waiting for parts for my phr 805t build and wondering what colour i should build next. I was thinking a 500mw 635nm or a 200mw green. I can't build a 2W 445 because i don't think my parents would approve (they thought my 50mw pen build was a high mw). I was also thinking of the Aurora SH-032 host. Any opinions guys?
I do believe he got hit.. But he's ignoring the advice given which kinda makes the idea of the thread useless.. My personal opinion is the first 2 builds of anyone starting out are a PHR-805T/803T build and a LPC-826/825 build.. For your first green go with something less expensive than 200mW. Go maybe 50 - 100 cause you don't wanna kill a $90 module.

Laik

Don't mean to be rude, but how will i kill it? Im just gonna drop a module into a heat sink and away i go. Are you thinking of making it from scratch?

Don't mean to be rude, but how will i kill it? Im just gonna drop a module into a heat sink and away i go. Are you thinking of making it from scratch?
Hmm, Good point.. Some people just don't have good luck when it comes to the 532nm Wavelength.

Go see an eye doctor! The damage is not always immediately visible. On Wiki they say you only need 1/1000 of a second of exposure of a class 3B laser to do permanent eye damage, don't be ignorant. Once the damage is done, you can't fix it. HERE is another good example of a boy who has a black spot, he got a laser hit by a laser that is less than a quarter as strong as yours (50mW). Now my conscience is clean, do what you want, but be wise. GO SEE A DOCTOR, there might still be time.

Laik

Are you talking about yourself, or what you have heard of? Anyway I would like to hear what you have to say :) I always like learning new things