Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Highly Disappointing Experience With Wicked

Thought I'd share my less-than-satisfying experience with Wicked.

Placed my order on June 18th. Item was listed as "In Stock" and I paid $29.99 for UPS Express shipping that would take "3-5 days"

As with everyone, I waited and waited and received nothing.

When the option came to order a G1 and have it sent immediately, I sent an email right away requesting it, using the proper subject line as requested by Wicked. After a bit longer than a week I had heard nothing and received nothing, so I requested a G1 for a second time... Apparently they lost my first request. Several days after that, I finally got a shipping notice but was informed that my laser was shipping via EMS, and NOT UPS Express as I paid good money for. It ended up taking 7 business days to arrive via the cheaper shipping method despite 3-5 being promised.

I am currently trying to recover my shipping money from Wicked as they did not deliver what was paid for as far as shipping goes. If I pay a high price ($29.99) for UPS shipping, I want my product to be delivered by UPS in a timely manner, and not by my local post office days later. So far they have told me that shipping EMS "makes it easier for the shipping department" so they feel it is perfectly acceptable to take my money and pocket a bunch of it because they shipped with an el-cheapo method. :evil: They are extremely hard to get in touch with, and days go by between emails that get me nowhere. Highly dissatisfying experience to say the least.

I will never be dealing with this company again. The service has been terrible, the lies have been numerous, and the wait time on an "In Stock" item has been appalling. They have no doubt driven off hundreds of potential repeat customers with their complete disregard for customer satisfaction.

Just my story... Please feel free to share yours. I figured I'd share here, as well as on their own forums as they'll do what any terrible company does... Do anything to silence their critics, and probably delete my post.

Wicked seems to give very inconsistent service; for some it's good, for others - such as yourself - it's terrible. I ordered the Arctic shortly after it was announced (and didn't have an account on their site), and finally canceled when they announced that they would be shipping with the Smart Switch instead of as described (this was prior to the G1 being an option available to anyone).

I never once waited more than 12 hours for a response to an email (sent probably 6 or so in total). They were always polite and normally gave seemingly useful answers, though most were in fact lies. When I finally decided to cancel, many people were complaining about having to do charge-backs do to a lack of response so I was quite concerned - but I had a confirmation from them and the payment company within an hour.

Seems with them, you either get lucky or get nothing. I may do business with them again, but only after the Arctic is no longer such a big deal - maybe then they'll be somewhat better at keeping their word.

I find these reports appalling.Apparently I have been lucky, because everything I ordered arrived quickly and worked great.I do not like it when companies do not deliver on customer service...it is simply unacceptable.I hope Wicked improves in this dept, especially since I am a big fan of their Evo series.
To an extent, I can understand the cluster that occurred with the Arctic series.But bait and switch shipping is theft, pure and simple.Let us know if and when they cut you a check....like you deserve.

Just an update to the shipping fiasco:

After the last useless response explaining their shipping department to me, I once again demanded my money for shipping back. My ticket has now been forwarded to management... We'll see where this gets us.

Here are the emails if anyone is interested:

Me:
To whom it may concern,

At the time of placing my order for a Spyder III Arctic laser on June 17th, I paid $29.99 USD for UPS Express shipping service. Upon shipment of my product, I learned that it had been mailed via EMS and will be delivered by my local post office, and NOT UPS Express as advertised and paid for. I am highly disappointed that I paid for UPS service and it was not provided in favor of a lesser service, especially after waiting nearly TWO MONTHS for a supposedly "In Stock" item to ship. I paid $29.99 for UPS express on an "In Stock" item in good faith that it would be delivered in the time frame advertised (3-5 days) and it is an understatement to say that your company's promises were NOT delivered.

I am requesting a FULL REFUND of $29.95 for the shipping of my product. I did NOT receive the shipping method I paid for, and my item was NOT delivered in the time frame that was advertised. I am appalled by the lies told to me by your company in the last two months. First the item was in stock... Then it was back ordered... Then it was shipping at the end of the week... Then it was shipping in two weeks... Then another two weeks... Then I had to request a G1 laser... Then my request was lost and I had to request AGAIN! Absolutely terrible service. Do NOT advertise something as "IN STOCK" and to be delivered in 3-5 days when the product DOES NOT EXIST AT THE TIME!

Please contact me ASAP.

Thank you for your time

Them:
Hi,

It should be UPS but shipping department ships in bulk and your order was with that shipment, I think their bulk shipment (ems) is more convenient speaking of logistics to our factory if by bulk orders compared to ups. So to make for the wasted time, they ship it there. It is not the management decision but the shipping department manager decision. We do no know how they operate there but thats what they forwarded to us in memo a week ago.

Thank you and be safe with your laser
Best regards,

Me:
Factory logistics or not, I paid for one thing, and got another. It shouldn't matter what is easier for the shipping department. Orders, shipping included should be fulfilled as paid for. Once again, I request that my shipping payment be refunded as I did not receive the product advertised and paid for.

Them:
Hello,

I will forward your ticket to the management.

Best regards

Just an update to the shipping fiasco:

After the last useless response explaining their shipping department to me, I once again demanded my money for shipping back. My ticket has now been forwarded to management... We'll see where this gets us.

Here are the emails if anyone is interested:

Me:

Them:

Me:

Them:

I bet if you tell them you're going to contact your CC company and begin a chargeback on the shipping amount in question, they change their tune right away and give you the shipping refund. If the don't then do start a chargeback.
So, now they think they have shipping depts. and shipping managers even....what a joke, the lies they tell get more and more elaborate. Ask them why it is that the parts of their Arctics don't even thread/connect properly, maybe they'll tell you it isn't their fault that their mechanical engineer is only a 6th grader. Or ask why the anodized coating can easily scratch off, maybe they'll tell you some other manager in charge of that dept. decided anodizing was too costly and he made the command decision to use a spray paint instead.
Or ask why they use a ton of thermal compound that actually decreases the heatsinking ability....Maybe they'll tell you that it's not their fault, the person in charge of that use to work at a bakery and still uses her cupcake spatula to spread the thermal compound and she just figured the more frosting she puts on it, the sweeter the laser will be.

Anyone else have some more good WL excuses?

Last edited:
The chargeback is a good idea if they don't want to play ball nicely. Thanks for suggesting it. We'll see what (if anything) "management" sends back.

mfo

I've been hating Wicked Lasers since day one crew check in.

madog

I too had bad experiences with them. I wont go into details, but I will say that I will never consider doing business with them again. I just wish that I had heeded the warnings that I saw here on this forum! I hope other noobs see this thread.

t580

I too have a problem with wicked laser my order was placed on June 12th never got any emails on g1/g2 only email I got was to pay extra for shipping and still no laser that was in early july when my laser was shipping on the 15th still waiting for a laser or response for refund or cancel order.

CDHDC

Ordered June 9th, #47XXX. Requested G1 5 times from the hour it was announced. Still nothing. I guessing if it ever shows up it will be the G2, as they do not offer G1 anymore:banghead:

Anyway, what is that G1 or G2 for a stupid thing? Last week i got a mail from WL that it would be possible to change my order from a G1 to a G2.
I mean everyone ordered originally a G2 as it is adverteised on their Website.
So i think nobody whos waiting for his G1 will be disappointed to get a G2. WL makes themselfs more work and will produce another flood of Mails.
Anyway, i cancelled my 400$ order this morning.

Reactions: Asa
I mean everyone ordered originally a G2 as it is adverteised on their Website.
So i think nobody whos waiting for his G1 will be disappointed to get a G2.

That's not quite accurate; when it was first announced it was the G1, then later they updated the web site to reflect what is now the G2. Personally, I cancelled my order when it was announced that they were charging it by adding the 'Smart Switch' (making it the G2) - as that wasn't what I wanted nor is it what I ordered.

Some time after I cancelled they announced that people could select either the G1 or G2 model, but that wasn't quite the case initially.

Mate, sice WL put the Arctic on Website it is adverteised with a Smartswitch.

Mate, sice WL put the Arctic on Website it is adverteised with a Smartswitch.
No, the G2 and smartswitch was an after thought, they didn't put in on their website or make any mention of either G2 or the smartswitch until about 3 weeks after they began offering the Arctic. That's why it's a G2, because their was the G1 before it; but it wasn't called G1 then, just the arctic as the G2 had not been thought of at that point in time.

I also cancled my order with Wicked, I sent 8 emails, tried their chat and even called and never got a response until I put CANCEL ORDER #54XXX in the subject box and got an immediate response. A 48 day wait for nothing and for something that was supposed to be in stock. What really clinched the cancelation is my buddy got a g1 after over 2 months of waiting it worked for 2 days and quit, now it does nothing and can't get a response from Wicked. (Boy is he pissed off!)

I don't think I will ever trust Wicked. I used the chat at Dragon Lasers and got live chat the first time and will order a 1w Spartan as soon as I get my money back from Wicked.