Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

highest power with violet or blu-ray. Post yours!!

Hi guys, this is my first thread and i thought i'd create one where everyone can post their own laser info.

I've always wondered what kind of power readings people have gotten with a violet laser.

Post yours!! (Photos if possible:friend:)

Last edited:

err.... Different values for "violet" and "bluray"?

So which one of those was 405nm?

Hi guys, this is my first thread and i thought i'd create one where everyone can post their own laser info.

I've always wondered what kind of power readings people have gotten with a violet and/or Blu-ray laser.

i have gotten up to 250mW violet and 500mW bluray.

I know its low :( Post yours!! (Photos if possible:friend:)
What exactly was the wavelength in nanometers of those
2 different Lasers... and what did you use to measure the
Laser's power...:thinking:

Jerry

Violet is bluray. :D

On the other hand, one could say you mistook violet for 445nm violetish-blue but then you'd have four digit number , not 250mW as maximum power witnessed.

WTF?

I've always wondered what kind of power readings people have gotten with a violet and/or Blu-ray laser.

i have gotten up to 250mW violet and 500mW bluray.

I know its low :( Post yours!! (Photos if possible:friend:)

If you look at the first sticky (the 12x thread) you will see this has already been done. Look at Francorob's table on page 1. The highest so far is 890mw (current unknown) and 885 mw running at 605 ma.

As others have pointed out, BR diodes produce 405 nm. Indeed for all practical purposes there is no other source of very high power violet for hobby lasers except BR diodes (I think there is a frequency doubled 404 but I have never heard of one in a portable, and the PHR maxes out at about 125 mw to my knowledge).

On the other hand, you can be excused, given the title of this section of the forum ...... "BLU RAY AND VIOLET LASERS" ;-)

Last edited:

ZRTMWA

Ped actually has a 445nm living at 901mW and got a dead one up to 998mW.

i dont know the exact value of the power readings. i bought them from an asian store.

Im fairly new to lasers so i didnt know alot about the power readings of violet and/or blu-ray. Thats why i posted this thread, if i've caused confusion with the power readings im sorry but thats what i got told. Please correct me if i got rippeddddddd off. thank you.

@laserbee. Im not sure about the wavelength. When i bout them i was told the violet was 405 and idk about the other one, whether its the same or not im not sure. Sorry for the confusion

Luke

Last edited:

dnar

Makes you wonder why they named it BlueRay in the first place...

i dont know the exact value of the power readings. i bought them from an asian store.

Im fairly new to lasers so i didnt know alot about the power readings of violet and/or blu-ray. Thats why i posted this thread, if i've caused confusion with the power readings im sorry but thats what i got told. Please correct me if i got rippeddddddd off. thank you.

@laserbee. Im not sure about the wavelength. When i bout them i was told the violet was 405 and idk about the other one, whether its the same or not im not sure. Sorry for the confusion

Luke

Do you have a link to the exact Lasers that you purchased..
We could then figure out exactly what you have...

@ dnar....
It is actuallly called BluRay... The e in Blue is missing....
so I guess Blu is close to Blue but not
exactly....:crackup::na:

Jerry

Last edited:

midias

I would get a power meter to check them a lot of times the asian stores over rate their lasers.

dnar

D
@ dnar....
It is actuallly called BluRay... The e in Blue is missing....
so I guess Blu is close to Blue but not
exactly....:crackup::na:

Jerry
So, using Womens logic, they should have called it "Viole-ray"...