Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hi

I bin very busy doing nothing hehe :crackup:
well i was messing around and i was rebuilding some old vintage laptops, the ware parts all over the room, i did also some laser build will post some pics!!!
nothing special just a 505nm, and i got 1 IR laser at 980nm 1.5W

You know, if you shine that 980 nm at a alien ship, they still might do the same thing, come and light beam levitate you up to their ship. How do you like that IR pointer? Does it focus to a tiny spot, small enough to burn well? Which diode or what did you use in it? I know you come and go from the forum for long periods of time, so I expected you were just taking another long break from your laser hobby, welcome back.

The 980nm it can be focused down to a small dot i haven used it at all almost since the beam is invisible
its true i took a small brake from laser's to work on the vintage laptops the bin sitting in the closed for long time!!!

I'm keenly interested in IR lasers, what is it, a diode, a module?

I'd like that, thank you. I'm spending my saturday afternoon tearing apart some 905 nm laser range finders I found on ebay for under 3 dollars each, they had LCD problems, but otherwise work fine. They use a 75 watt pulse 905 nm laser diode in them, I want to build a pointer to fit one into, maybe more with three lenses. These ought to get an aliens attention if pointed at them :p

upload image no signup

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Alien, nice to see you back, we'll be looking forward to your photos! :yh:

@Alaskan, you better be careful pointing those at aliens, or you may end up on the "wrong" end of a probing! :crackup:

Yeaw61j.jpg

Long time, no see. Glad to see you posting again, Alien Laser. Hope you will be around more frequently. :D

+rep when i can thanks all, that a nice purchase alaskan maybe in the future the Ir laser will be like 405nm's in distance :D
i wonder if birds can see IR laser !. anyway has anyone try this if you have a friend and the ask you to try the laser before giving tame the real laser give tame an empty host and after the click 1/or 2 times the 3 time the will look right in the diode to see why its not turning on i tested it on a friend he ask if he can test my laser i told him yes so i gave him an empty host then he click the on button nothing and instant he started look in the empty hosts ware the diode would be, i told him you can never do this what if the was a diode and it turned on,so i told him he can never touch me laser i wonder why do people instantly look at a laser if its not turning on its not like the eye is going to fix it by looking in to the diode !!