Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

hi!

Hello! I am a teenager who enjoys playing with potentially dangerous items, tasers etc. I have almost no experience with laser pointers so I use this website as a source of info. I will hopefully enjoy my stay and make some friends while I'm at it.

THIS is the place.. however until you do a better job w/ your profile do not expect much real help==w/o your date of birth in your profile we cannot help or send you anything.
AND how about a state in the USA. Any thing less than total honesty will not fly..
There are very few 'places' where LPF has no members.. one could live next door....
I have a fat plus rep for your score when....

Reactions: GSS
Hi, Enjoy the folks here at LPF and yes a state and your age would be appropriate ..
Rich:)

There are members here of all adult ages and some teenagers, like yourself. Saying you enjoy using dangerous things tends to put me off as these lasers can be quite dangerous. And for that reason there are laws prohibiting the sale of some of these products to under age people. I am over 60 years old, so this doesn't apply to me, but it would be of value to know your age. No one is going to want to get into any trouble aiding an under age person do something dangerous.

BobMc

LPF's a great place to learn about "all things lasers". Enjoy and be safe. :wave:

There are members here of all adult ages and some teenagers, like yourself. Saying you enjoy using dangerous things tends to put me off as these lasers can be quite dangerous. And for that there are laws prohibiting the sale of some of these products to under age people. I am over 60 years old, so this doesn't apply to me, but it would be of value to know your age. No one is going to want to get into any trouble aiding an under age person do something dangerous.

____________^^^
great post Paul +rep when I can.

BTW avoid the temptation to 'fudge' on your DOB-- we will verify that AND anything less than 100% accurate could get someone a lifetime ban.

ps
I too was very 'put-off' about your feelings concerning danger.. WE are 100% commited to safety in ALL things laser... we never joke about it and every time we hear of a possible laser injury we ALL are greatly concerned with the ramifactions-- I highly suggest that you spend some HOURS at laserpointersafety.org -- our forum is always being watched- and I bet every ass-hat arrested was a 'danger freak' which are the very worst people to own lasers.

btw its no longer a misdomeaner or FELONY to lase ANY aircraft--ever... its now a FEDERAL offence $10K fine and .10 years in fed prison where there is NO time off for anything-- if you get 5 years you do 5 years AND almost all are banned forever from owning another laser.. there is a large cash reward for info on laser 'pranks'-- don't let a prank turn into prison time. sorry but due to what you wrote we WILL be keeping an eye on you --hopefully two eyes.:tsk:

I am 16. My date of birth is correct on my profile but my age isn't. I wonder if it's possible for a change.

also thanks for the warm welcomes :)

Last edited:
NP
You can correct(edit) I USER pcp..

Do you see lasers in your future? There are LOTS of careers in the field.
PMing you a link to get a great Trade Mag : Photonic Spectra- ..its free and has been serving the vast laser industry for >25 years. Links to a gazillion companies- and all the dates to laser 'conventions' where you can meet folks from the big companies in person. Its free and can be gotten also on-line.
All the newest inventions-and more.

best wishes--hak