Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hi there!

moze85

Hey all, I have been a lurker for quite some time now and thought it best to finally introduce myself and become more active in the forums as my interest in the hobby grows.

I'm not a stranger to lasers -- my first was a 125mw Viper from Dragonlasers about 7 years ago ($330 @ the time, yikes!). My interest has recently resparked and like anything I get focused on, I go all out. I'm currently awaiting shipment on a 2W SF501B 445nm from Sci-Fi Lasers, a 100mw 532nm Evo from WickedLasers with all the goodies (lens kit, smartport, bluetooth kit), as well as a 75mw 405nm Nano. I was a bit hesitant ordering from WL; however, 40% off made it worth the risk to see what they're all about.

As it's probably the most important point (safety first), I do own an Eagle Pair 190-540nm set of safety glasses, which has resulted in my wife calling me Bono every time I put them on. :)

About me: Just another nerd into technology. I'm originally a Missourian (go Mizzou!) transplanted to central NY and have worked as a systems engineer managing UNIX servers for the past 5 years. I've got lots of hobbies, keep busy, but also spend way too much time reading forums.

Anyway, that's me in a nutshell. I'm happy to formally be a part of the forum and look forward to learning more and getting to know you guys.

Thanks, -Matt

Last edited:

hey Bono welcome aboard looks like you will get some nice toys for xmas.

Hello Matt,

We can always use another nerd who is into technology, the more the better. Welcome to LPF.

Alan