Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hi, lpf people

Townes

Just thought I'd join discussions here. I've been fascinated by lasers since I was a kid watching Star Wars. I have gone through 2 red laser pointers which broke due to overpowering. My current working ones are listed in my sig. I got the red pointer ~1.5 y ago and got my first Green laser a few days back.

I have also taken interest in the mysteries of Quantum Mechanics and am hoping to learn more about laser technology here.

I wasn't a Member when You were I guess 'cause your name doesn't ring any bells with me, but now that you're back, I'd like to welcome you back into the fold,so to speak. If there's anything that I can help you with in some way, just ask, & if I can I will ;) WELCOME HOME, GENERAL :) rob

daguin

Day said:
umm hes already a Ex member? All i can say i WOW.  ::) :eek: :-?

"Ex member" in his "custom text" does NOT mean he is no longer a member. Remember, the member has control over the "custom text." In the membership list the designation "ex member" is placed there by the software, but not in the custom text. I think he just wrote that there to remind us he was here before or maybe he just thought it was a cool thing to write ;)

Peace,
dave

Townes

"Ex Member"? Does that not mean banhammered?

This is my first time here (hence only store-bought lasers in my inventory). I didn't write "Ex Member", it was probably caused by the difference in my registered username and my changed username.

So don't be so quick to jump to conclusions, Day.

daguin

General Pinpoint Townes said:
"Ex Member"? Does that not mean banhammered?

This is my first time here (hence only store-bought lasers in my inventory). I didn't write "Ex Member", it was probably caused by the difference in my registered username and my changed username.

So don't be so quick to jump to conclusions, Day.

RELAX Dude!  We're just trying to figure out what happened :)

If you scroll back up through the thread,you will see the shift in avatar and custom text as well as the rep availability

Peace,
dave

I didnt think you where banned, i was just wondering how you where posting when your whernt supposed to be able to. Glad to see that the glitch has been fixed. :D ;)

daguin

General Pinpoint Townes said:
OK, misunderstanding. Am I to assume I am welcome then?

This forum isn't really big on "welcoming" people by posting "welcome" posts like some forums. The door's open, people are welcomed to come and/or go. Don't feel dis'ed because lots of people didn't stop by to say "welcome to the forum."

Peace,
dave

Townes

Yeah.... Welcome to the forum.....  :cool:
Thanks

This forum isn't really big on "welcoming" people by posting "welcome" posts like some forums.  The door's open, people are welcomed to come and/or go.  Don't feel dis'ed because lots of people didn't stop by to say "welcome to the forum."

I didn't want to make any assumptions on the "feel" of the place as every forum is different, that's why I asked, because I got an unwelcoming impression of the place (can you really blame me from looking at the 1st reply?). I don't expect everyone to respond to any intro post I make; just a reply of good sentiment.