Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hi guys nice ta meet ya

I am a 19 year old computer sciences major. My hobby is special effects and magic. I have been doing magic since I was 8 years old. I am interested in using lasers for at least one if not more of my tricks and stunts. I am very very new to lasers and have no idea what I am doing so please pardon the noobish questions. Anything you all can tell me would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance .

Hey there paradox. Welcome to LPF.

There's a ton of info here about lasers... you just have to look for it. If you are interested in special and theatrical effects you may want to start in the " Laser Shows" section. http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?board=b_lasershows

The search box will lead you to what you want and if you get stuck I'm sure someone here will gladly help you out. ;)

TW

It is my stage name and what I am known as around magic and illusion circles. Yeah I love screwing with fun toys we are considering using lasers both as themselves for effects but for high speed and accuracy remote timing and triggering systems for the various payloads and devices.

Eku

Paradox said:
It is my stage name and what I am known as around magic and illusion circles. Yeah I love screwing with fun toys we are considering using lasers both as themselves for effects but for high speed and accuracy remote timing and triggering systems for the various payloads and devices.

You could use them as a distraction :p

That would be funny XD

hello and welcome You gonna be blown away with the tech savy of some of these fellows so hold

PS start to pull some money together cause our gonna need it

[highlight]
You could use them as a distraction [/highlight]

Ya,--"Look into the Cristal ball" (turn a blu-ray laser on the cristal)
Then you can do the sneaky part while everyone is watching the Cristal ball.
Would be a cool effect i thank.

Welcome to LPF. I'm sure you'll find this a VERY helpful, friendly site.