Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hi from Washington

fhmike

Just wanted to say hello. Ive been facinated with optics most of my life and own numerous binoculars, spotting scopes, and telescopes. Similarly, lasers have always fascinated me. Having drooled over lasers of the past but never been able to afford one (gas lasers) now i see that diode lasers are plentiful and portable and affordable! Just discovered this website a week ago and man what a resource this site has been! Decided rather than just lurking around i might as well join.

Thanks!

Hey fh!

Welcome to LPF, it's awesome you finally decided to join :beer:

Hope you enjoy yourself and have fun!

Howdy Mike and Welcome to the Forum :wave:

I used to live in WA in Seabeck to be exact.

Have fun and be Safe :)

Ive been facinated with optics most of my life and own numerous binoculars, spotting scopes, and telescopes.

Welcome to LPF, Mike! You must be acquainted with telescopejunkies. Since you're quite into them, what do you think are the risks of scoping at somebody lasing in their yard a couple of blocks away like HERE ?

Last edited:

fhmike

Thanks Greenlander, Flaminpyro, and OrionBLF.

OrionBLF,

In regards to viewing someone through binos/telescope next door, my thought would be it is a bad idea. Since i dont have experience with high powered laser diffuse scatter brightess/danger i would assume if its dangerous to stare at a beam spot at 10 feet with a dark adapted eye pupil size of 6mm, then it would also be dangerous staring at the same spot from another backyard with a binocular with an objective size of 60mm at 100 feet. Not counting for reflective losses in the binos, the spot should look almost the same brightness i believe. Direct shine in a bino would be a big risk also.

My humble opinion.

In regards to viewing someone through binos/telescope next door, my thought would be it is a bad idea. Since i dont have experience with high powered laser diffuse scatter brightess/danger i would assume if its dangerous to stare at a beam spot at 10 feet with a dark adapted eye pupil size of 6mm, then it would also be dangerous staring at the same spot from another backyard with a binocular with an objective size of 60mm at 100 feet. Not counting for reflective losses in the binos, the spot should look almost the same brightness i believe. Direct shine in a bino would be a big risk also.
My humble opinion.

Scoping while lasing is deadly and not enough people understand this. +rep!:can:

Just wanted to say hello. Ive been facinated with optics most of my life and own numerous binoculars, spotting scopes, and telescopes. Similarly, lasers have always fascinated me. Having drooled over lasers of the past but never been able to afford one (gas lasers) now i see that diode lasers are plentiful and portable and affordable! Just discovered this website a week ago and man what a resource this site has been! Decided rather than just lurking around i might as well join.

Thanks!

Hello fhmike! I can't believe it, another person from Washington, there are only several of us here but the others either didn't come back or they just don't post. Its strange there aren't more of us from Washington seeing how we are overflowing in advanced technology here. Anyway welcome to the forums.

Alan

Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums:)

It looks like you already know this.. but I'll say it anyway. just remember if you have a question first type it in the search then if you still have not found the answer to the question then you can ask post it.

Also remember whenever using a laser to be aware of your surroundings, where the laser beam is going, where it will terminate, are there people nearby ect.

Thanks for introducing yourself.

Be safe and have fun.

Last edited: