Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hi from San Antonio, Tx

Hello all,
Been lurking on the forums for a few months now and couldn't sleep so figured I'd finally make my intro post. Hellur fellow lpf members my name is Josh I'm 24 work full time as an electrican. Mechanics and tinkering are my passion and ever since I stumbled into this forum I've been one happy camper. X3 Started off with a sanwu pocket 445nm 800mW W/3E lens and love it still then build a few 445nm 10440 builds and recently added a 495nm to my collection in a beautiful white powder coated 10440 host from Rich (Lifetime17). Well that's all for now just wanted to pay my respects, introduce myself and thank all the members senior and even new I have learned from by lurking and using the magical search bar. XP

Hi Josh,
Welcome to LPF yes the search bar is a wonderful tool to find out topics about our great hobby. Glad your enjoying your builds.

Rich:)

Thanks, Trinh. lol I know I had been putting it off for some time now didn't want to be the guy to ask a billion questions so figured I'd be a wall flower and learn first. Thanks as well, Rich. Loving the one you built for me :3 favorite WL so far. Working on a bdr209 x16 405nm and a dvdrw random diode now, but can't figure out what I want to put them in yet.

Welcome :) I hope you get a good idea for your bdr209 and the dvd diode - Will say that harvesting from drives is generally not worth it any more unless you've got a pile of old ones - as those diodes are so cheap new nowadays :p

I've been assembling a collection of colours in the Convoy S2+ hosts lately (violet, blue, green, and probably a cyan one at some point) - and I reckon the violet host would go pretty well with a bdr209...

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Welcome to LPF, Josh! :)
I'm sure that you already know this, but be sure to use proper eye protection for your growing laser collection.

Have fun, stay safe, and enjoy your stay. (y)

@Immo1282, sounds like a nice rainbow collection of Convoys that you've got going there!

@Immo1282 i was looking at the cyan s2+ and had the same thought for a 488 sharp diode I got. Lol I'm glad I'm not the only one who had the thought. Thank you for the welcoming as well! Let me know if you end up putting it in the s2+ I'm thinking of putting bdr209 in a streamlight stylus pro uv the matte black with purple gloss collar since I have a empty one or I have a thorfire ts3a arriving today. XP @BowtieGuy Thank you for the welcoming. :) As far as safety glasses go I'm still rocking the same pair i got when I ordered my sanwu pocket 445. Lol I practice safety when it comes to lasers I already have shit vision through both sides of my family, welding and working under vehicles too damn often and don't need lasers adding to my already wonky vision. XD Thank you though I do defiantly appreciate your show of concern for my well being. I know a lot of people don't and they should when needed.

Hi, here are some pics of a host I made for a BDR-209/405 for a customer and a Teal powder coated host for the Cyan diodes for other customers. The two hosts hold a 14500 battery. Enjoy.. All hosts come prewired with focus adapters..fullsizeoutput_9a6.jpegfullsizeoutput_9a7.jpegfullsizeoutput_9a9.jpegfullsizeoutput_986.jpegfullsizeoutput_988.jpegfullsizeoutput_765.jpeg

Rich:)

Last edited:
Welcome to the LPF, Josh. It is always nice to see a new member post an introduction. I'm certain you will fit in here nicely. :cool:

Howdy new guy josh..
Our only well organised Texas LEM was in 2012 in S.A.. We got the only unreserved weekend that "Urban 15'' had open.
--Superbowl was on and TBH we were having so much laser fun we hardly gave the game any thought.
That place is HUGE.. we were able to sleep there and use the big kitchen.. And the folks that 'run' it were wonderful. search 'TEXLEM 2012' then 'SELEM laser'.(Ytube vids.and links to pics at laser forums) even small gatherings are the most fun you can have with your clothes on.

So TX is way overdue for a proper LEM-- either DFW or Houston has most members.. but I liked S.A.

anyhoo
I am down in Brazoria.. 'Henzel' only one in the 'book'

ps
on some levels, having a LEM were the host lives is so much better and cheaper(for the host etc)... but also lots of work.
so think about that--if you know George & Miss Kat from Urban 15 send our best regards and another LEM there would be awesome and easy.

They were about to get a brand new wood floor and that may be why we have not been back.. ;-(-- WE did not were shoes ( in that 'area') last time.. no problems happy to do that again and more.. ( we will buy Urban 15 a nice floor cover).

You will be getting 'greetz' from the other LSLFs (Lone Star Laser Fans)..
We offer hands-on help-- free mW testing anytime. See other wavelengths before you buy.

hak