Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hi from Los Angeles!

cdangel2000

Hi everyone! My name is Sara & i'm from Los Angeles, California. I'm a newbie to lasers, me and my friend just got really into them after having a conversation about when we went to camp in middle school and we witnessed our counselor using a green laser in the sky for an astronomy demonstration. It was so amazing at the time and since then, since we have not much to do during quarantine, we have been frequently stargazing and wishing we had a green laser pointer to point out the stars, constellations and planets that we see. I have also gotten into Stryopro on YouTube and have been so amazed at the world of laser pointers, I didn't know these existed and there was a community for it until now! I have been trying to find a 5mw laser pointer but not sure where to get it from, I found some sites online but they seemed sketchy, if anyone on here is selling please let me know! I obviously would not use it in the city, I want to go up to the mountains and try it there, and I would want to be trained on how to use it to be safe, because I am aware that it is illegal to shine it onto planes or helicopters, and that is the last thing I would want to happen. Anyways, i'm very new to all of this and i'm happy to have found this forum! :D

Last edited:

Welcome to LPF Sara.
Nice to see you're interested in both lasers and astro.
These two are close to my heart too and I enjoy both as a hobby.

I'll let others help you since I'm from downunder and can't guide you about purchasing one in the States.

Just wanted to say G'day and here are a few of my astro-laser shots for you to enjoy in the meantime.
Stay safe.

RB
:)

2A2A3870.jpg

_MG_7225.jpg

Pro_A2A0967.jpg

P9080002-pro.jpg

Hi Sara,
Great intro for a welcome, its great to get to know folks when they enter the forum. Thank you for letting us all here to know your intents. have fun and be safe always. RB Astro is awesome for for star gazing and includes our laser hobby combined with astronomy .
Rich:)

RB Astro is awesome for for star gazing and includes our laser hobby combined with astronomy .
Rich

Thanks Rich !

Sara I can highly recommend Rich @Lifetime17 if you want to contact him about getting a laser made.
I have bought from Rich many, many times.
High-class workmanship and fantastic to deal with every time.

RB
(y)

cdangel2000

Welcome to LPF Sara.
Nice to see you're interested in both lasers and astro.
These two are close to my heart too and I enjoy both as a hobby.

I'll let others help you since I'm from downunder and can't guide you about purchasing one in the States.

Just wanted to say G'day and here are a few of my astro-laser shots for you to enjoy in the meantime.
Stay safe.

RB
:)

View attachment 69476

View attachment 69477

View attachment 69478

View attachment 69479
WOW, beautiful shots! Thank you for the kind welcome! :)

hope you like attention... we dont see many womenfolk 'round here.
nice to have you here. look for lasers for sale in our BS&T section.. iirc one had a 'trio' for sale --3 wavelengths.
please protect your eyes - almost no injuries reported from stargazer accidents. BUT if you go to higher powers get some eyewear first.
also sold by a forum member or two.

There will likely (after Covid) a laser meet near you.
Cal. has a lot of fine members. And hands-on help is available.

welcome newcomer