Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hi from Czech republic

Hello,
After a long time I finally decided to introduce myself.
My interests are electronics travelling and ofcourse lasers.
I'am from Czech republic and I've been interested in lasers since I was kid.
My first pointers were red ~5mWs.I remember that I tried to stuff them with more batteries than they were designed to take to make them
brighter(I was like 7 years old).Then I totally forgotten about pointers for a long time.To make it short about 4 Years ago I bought my first green pointer
it was advertised something like 100000mW i knew it is not true but it was cheap.Next was 200mW 660nm on which practiced safety.Then found LPF and spent a few evenings reading all the stuff stickies etc.I joined 2years ago i think.My next lasers were 4.5W 450nm and 700 mw BDR-209 set at 530 mA which broke about a month ago.Now i have a new BDR-209 module on its way.And today I decided to introduce myself.
Have a nice day.

Last edited:

Welcome To the Forum Jirkas99...
The name seems strange in English...:confused:
Don't forget to use proper Laser Safety
Googles/Glasses.

Enjoy your stay and be Laser Safe...

Jerry

Thanks
But why strange?
And I have good googles don't worry ;)

Attachments

• rsz_dsc_2288.jpg
    rsz_dsc_2288.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 5
Hi, Welcome to LPF and a very good introduction we like that here. We get to know folks better and were they are from in the world.
Have fun be safe always.

Rich:)

Welcome to the LPF. That was a very nice intro post. Glad to have you here.

:DI thought that. Jirka or Jiří is one of the most common names in our country.I added that s because it is first letter of my surname and 99 is date of birth (1999).

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Welcome to LPF, Jirka, nice welcome thread! :)

Have fun, stay safe, and enjoy your stay.

Welcome :) Sounds like you'll fit in well - and you've a pretty good collection already! Nice intro.

Glad to have you! welcome and be safe :)
you have a 5W M44 SL S4? nice. I was actually thinking of doing an NUBM08 in the C6 eventually, I know some will say that's too much for a small host but eh why not? lol!

Thanks again :) yes I have NUBM44 in
S4 host but dutycycle is very short.I won't let it on for more than 15 seconds.But even that 15 seconds are enough to enjoy the beam or to light something on fire(with glasses on ofcourse).