Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hi From Canada!

Hi Lasers lovers, nice forum with full of thread :drool:

I want to find new projects/experiments to do with my laser so i think i can find it here :san:

Give 4$ donation : Done! :angel:

ARG

Welcome! I hope you enjoy it here! Which part of Canada are you from?

welcome to the forum :D read all the stickies etc be safe and have fun....

StokTT

Vien tu du Canada francais ou anglais ?? Quel région du quebec ??

welcome.gif
to the Forum....
Don't forget to read the FAQs...the Stickies
and the Forum Rules..

If your are planning to buy anything on the
Forum.... PLEASE read this first...

6 Steps To Prevent You From Getting Scammed

and this....

33 Reasons NOT to Buy From Wicked Lasers

Enjoy your stay...

Jerry

jimdt7

Last edited:
Yes i bought from WL but i don't get laser underspec And the shipping was really fast (5 days to QC ).I buy the E2 1 years ago ...And 1 month ago i buy the krypton when its was release but the only problem for now is the krypton that was refuses the first time at canadian customs and they reship another one but the laser is in customs since September 29... SO its begin to be crap i guess but if they release my laser i will tell you if the 500mw one is underspec :)

Can you tell me why the customs take so long if it supposed to be legal ?

Thanks ;)

Yes i bought from WL but i don't get laser underspec And the shipping was really fast (5 days to QC ).I buy the E2 1 years ago ...And 1 month ago i buy the krypton when its was release but the only problem for now is the krypton that was refuses the first time at canadian customs and they reship another one but the laser is in customs since September 29... SO its begin to be crap i guess but if they release my laser i will tell you if the 500mw one is underspec :)

Can you tell me why the customs take so long if it supposed to be legal ?

Thanks ;)

Everything WL sells is underspec and not legal.... Their claims that it's FDA approved are false and even if it was it doesn't apply to Canada... We don't really have the same strict laser laws here I think it's just because WL made such a big fuss with their marketing that customs even cares about it.

Bonjour monsieur.
Lots of lasers and laser products are coming to the attention of Canada Customs. Too many idiots have started drawing attention to lasers for the wrong reasons and we all are starting to pay for it.
Good luck on getting your product.
You might try some of the other strategies discussed in other threads here at LPF to get it.

Well now. By listing them all I would prevent you from learning how to look things up here.
See I'm trying to be sneaky about it.

But the most common ones are to have units shipped in pieces. Have just the main body shipped in one package and the power supplies(batteries) and connectors (tailcaps) sent in a second shipment making the items OEM "laser parts" that are not functioning when shipped. Yeah double the shipping but uses some countries laws and regulations to your advantage.
There is also an option to have things sent to someone you trust where they are allowed and then have them send it as a gift to you. A lot of packages from residential addresses to residential addresses aren't considered at risk.
Some just try to have them sent as "flashlight" from the supplier but there are a bunch of suppliers that are known to the authorities for sending lasers and even something that isn't one will probably be delayed. (as more cases are being documented on the various forums.)
There are a few more out there but if you want to know more you will need to invest some time and effort in reading for them.
As a fellow Canadian I will say that while our laws and regulations aren't anywhere near those of the US you can't put a lot of faith in that. Each province will have it's own rules and while Canada Customs is a Federal body they will use whatever they see fit to support what they feel like doing at that time.
Your best bet is to know what you are getting and to have a good legal reason for it. Having the right customs categories and such for declaration wouldn't hurt and knowing how to collect it WITHOUT having to pay the outrageous "duties" and other charges that the courier companies charge when they deliver can save you a lot of money.
I learned all about this stuff here on LPF over the last 6 months. So the info is here in much more detail than I can remember.
Have fun and play safe.

Last edited:
Yeah a lot of those are applied on my WL order :) they ship a first package with batterie and all the other things and in the second one just the body and its mark as flashlight ... So i don't have any idea why its not in my hand by now :mad:

But thanks its good to know :)