Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hi from Australia

Eye

Hi everyone, I'm a scientist from an Australian university however my area of expertise is not directly related to lasers. My interest in lasers is mostly a (expensive) hobby. I live in one of the Australian states that does not have outrageous 'anti-laser laws'. I've had an interest in lasers since I was young and started buying them a few years ago.

Currently I have the lasers in my signature, all lab-type lasers except the red one which I have made into a portable unit, but not in a host like a 'true' laser pointer. The 445 nm laser in my sig is from RDtech and I am in the process of modifying it by remounting on a bed of TECs.

I have also have some experience with high power argon lasers (4+ watts), played around with some IR diodes (dozens of <1 W and a few 4+ W).

Currently I'm trying to acquire parts for a ruby or alexandrite pulsed laser. :wave:

welcome.gif
to the Forum....
Don't forget to read the FAQs...the Stickies
and the Forum Rules..

If your are planning to buy anything on the
Forum.... PLEASE read this first...

6 Steps To Prevent You From Getting Scammed

and this....

33 Reasons NOT to Buy From Wicked Lasers

Enjoy your stay...

Jerry

I live in one of the Australian states that does not have outrageous 'anti-laser laws'.

Hello fellow Aussie! I'm guessing you live in SA or WA? Definitely not NSW for sure haha