Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hi everyone!

Hi guys.

First of all, I'm from Spain, so my english it's not top notch.

I created my account here a week ago, to some urgent themes, and I didn't saw the Welcome page.

I'm sure that I'm on the young group of this forum, I've just had my 19th birthday.

I've been fascinated by lasers since I was 14, and actually I own from 50mw of 532 to 500mW of 445, in a magnific pocket series that Sanwu sold to me.

I'm here to learn, from everyone and from everything. Planning to do my first build soon, but I need to get more informed. When the time comes, I'll ask some of you my questions :p

Just finishing, and to have a good start with you, last week I mailed jetlasers asking about if they were having some Ti-B hosts for sale, for different builds. Their literal response: (copypaste)

Yes we have some Ti B hosts in stock and it is 40$, shipping not included.
Thanks,
Gray

So... for some of you, that I've read a lot of messages about "I want them"... RUN! :drool:

Pleased to meet you all!

Albert.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum Albert :)
It looks like you will fit in well here. You might want to add your location to your profile.

BobMc

Welcome! If your into lasers this is great place to learn! Your English is just fine ( spelling is probably better than mine) hee, but welcome be safe and enjoy! Question; do you have safety glasses ? You really do need them with the higher powered lasers. Your young and you don't want anything happen to your sight and one slip up without them and theirs no " do over " ! So be safe from another Beamhead :)

Hi everyone! thanks for the feedback guys. Yes, I have safety glasses. But if something burns my eyes it won't be a laser, just a computer screen though xD

BobMc

Hi everyone! thanks for the feedback guys. Yes, I have safety glasses. But if something burns my eyes it won't be a laser, just a computer screen though xD

Haaa, I seen the movie Videodroom so yes those computer screens can be dangerous!!

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
No problem, it is good to see that you have glasses.
But if something burns my eyes it won't be a laser, just a computer screen though xD
:D I work on a computer most of the day. I should be careful on that one too.
I see you're from Barcelona. I went there a couple years ago for a uni trip. How is it living there?

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Welcome to LPF Albert!
Have fun, be safe, and enjoy your stay here. :yh:

I see you're from Barcelona. I went there a couple years ago for a uni trip. How is it living there?

Well... it's a veery stressing city. I live in the high part, that it's quite more relaxed, but nothing compared with the village that I go to spend holidays (it's on the pyrenees), on the mountains the lasers look awesome, the only drawback is the lack of a good internet connection :p

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Well... it's a veery stressing city.
Didn't find it as bad as London. :p

Those mountain ranges were amazing. To fly back home that day, we had to fly round Barcelona over the Pyrenees.
The lasers look awesome
I can imagine. :)

Welcome to the forum!
It looks like you're off to a good start! You already know about some reputable vendors that sell good quality lasers. And Gray at Jetlasers is a good guy. From what I've seen, he's always trying to do right by his customers if something happens to go wrong with his products.

Welcome to the forum!
It looks like you're off to a good start! You already know about some reputable vendors that sell good quality lasers. And Gray at Jetlasers is a good guy. From what I've seen, he's always trying to do right by his customers if something happens to go wrong with his products.

About vendors that I know... I've had very good experience with Podo (Sanwu), and I also know Gray (Jetlasers) and Jordan (DTR). The user Electric Plasma (Sean) is building a custom laser atm, and from Gray I know that they are going to make a mini PL-E laser series (he says they will be around 20cm long)

So... yes, I know some sellers :p

Last edited:

Jhop

Welcome, I work on a computer all day too, but I have a special filter in my prescription glasses that protects to the blue exposure of long computer screen use. I also notice that 405nm lasers are significantly duller to me while wearing them too. When I got my first 405nm I was like this isnt very bright at all, but everyone I showed it to was like whoa, thats really bright! I didn't understand till I took off my glasses :whistle:

Didn't find it as bad as London. :p

Those mountain ranges were amazing. To fly back home that day, we had to fly round Barcelona over the Pyrenees. I can imagine. :)

Well... don't know if there is any city in the world as stressful as London hehehe

I went just one day to London, but I've been on York some days. I love your ambient!

Also the weather it's perfect fir me in england, foggy (lasers :D ) and not too hot ( I hate summer xD)

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Probably not :D
You should try going through Kings Cross or Liverpool street station at rush hour.
Fog is a brilliant natural laser enhancer. :) England has humidity issues though, a lot of Africans moan about British heat due to it. :D