Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hi again after 3 years

Kizaru

I have sort of dropped the laser building hobby and have picked up a few different hobbies since then. Lately, I've been wondering lately what sort of crazy laser diodes and laser tech have come out in the last three years, and so here i am. Might even get back into the hobby sometime. Was never very good at soldering, so eventually i'm thinking of picking up a soldering kit and learning how to do it properly. That way i can take apart my existing builds and replace all the shoddy soldering i remember doing back then :undecided:

See yall around. :wave:

Hi Kizaru :wave:

Welcome back to the forum. A lot has changed in the last 3 years. Poke around and enjoy!! :)

welcome back yeah see my pictures and nice laser hosts hehehehe :lasergun:

SyKo

Welcome Back!

Great too see another Aussie around !

Hi,
And welcome back K,
Hey instead of taking your working lasers apart to practice your soldering skills, Take some scrap laser wire and try soldering them over and over . Take them apart and keep soldering them back again . Cut and strip and flux over and over on scraps. Thats how i learned before i even touched a driver or diode. A cheap adjustable soldering station is the way to go. This way you can used to adjusting the temp, it only takes a touch to solder small wires 2 seconds. Well glad to hear you came back Mate..

Rich:)

Last edited:

Kizaru

Hi,
And welcome back K,
Hey instead of taking your working lasers apart to practice your soldering skills, Take some scrap laser wire and try soldering them over and over . Take them apart and keep soldering them back again . Cut and strip and flux over and over on scraps. Thats how i learned before i even touched a driver or diode. A cheap adjustable soldering station is the way to go. This way you can used to adjusting the temp, it only takes a touch to solder small wires 2 seconds. Well glad to hear you came back Mate..

Rich:)

Mate that is a brilliant idea, although I do have one build where the wires have come off. I will hopefully be looking into soldering sets soon.