Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Heyo!

Hello, just though I would introduce myself. I'm new here, and in fact have never (!) participated in any internet forums, although I've been mining them for info for quite a while now.

Anyways, I'm in my fourth year at Gonzaga University, studying mechanical engineering and music. I tend to bounce around between projects (homemade metal forge, hybrid go-kart, carbon fibre canoe, etc etc).

Obviously, lasers are the latest and greatest on that list! I've got some sweet looking heat sinks kicking around, plus some basic electrical equipment, plus some old CD burners (although I hear those are generally IR diodes) so I'm gonna see if I can throw something together.

Seems to be a ton of awesome information floating around here!

IsaacT

Welcome!!! I look forward to seeing pics of what you build!!! Don't forget to pick yourself up a pair of safety glasses and read the stickies, but have fun :)

Peace,
Isaac

I'm curious as to what you mean by hybrid go cart :thinking: Sounds interesting! Welcome! I too look forward to what you can throw together!

Thanks for the welcomes -- I'm exploring the stickies as we speak!

The go cart was a gas/electric hybrid, we ran it on a lawnmower motor and some old electric motor. Built the frame out of plywood though so it didn't exactly last!!

-Keith

That's still pretty cool. It seems most of us have too many hobbies and not enough money! haha. There's some good information in those stickies!

WElCOME

- very nice upbeat intro- more need to follow your lead rather to jump in and start asking for help.

Also good to see that you took the time to fill in your personal profile as you are in luck! We have members not too far away. One of the downsides of this addiction...er ..er I mean hobby is we do not always have anyone around that speaks'laser' so gatherings of even two laser geeks are a nice beak form all the 'how comes' and 'why lasers' Qs that we all have to put up with.

For a real good time try to make NWLEM in Portland . The organizer is Jonathon Rehm('platinum') I will come back later and add his FB name so you can contact him in chat. he does laser show professionally and is a great & helpful forum member. He built his own 532 PJ using a 5W Melles Girot module- wow- incredibly bright!!

For the Woodstock of laser meets go to Newton NC mid Aug and experience laser overdose at SELEM<google that for link to vids etc

Last edited:
Kieth, here is a link for you
http://laserpointerforums.com/groups/washington/
to join look top-right.
before you try to contact others you may want to check thier profilr page.
see when they last posted and visited-
They may still be around and interested in lasers but if they have not been here-- dont expect a reply- no harm in trying tho.
You may also want to click on their rep to avoid anyone that is a waste your yur time and our bandwidth.

Ted is both active and a great friend to have here. click his name click add to contacts then click the small box 'also...' & then yes to add him .
we get notification of friend requests just like PMs etc,

IF you have a question that you are not sure should be asked on the open forum send it to a friend like Ted W. or me. two suggestions- don't double post ( with a few exceptions) and check dates of posts and threads to avoid necro-posting-

also carefully choose the section where you start new threads when picking. read the 'stickies' at the top if every section and search before you ask Qs.

good to have you here---len

Last edited:
welcome to the forums!

hope you enjoy your time here and meet all the nice people :)

Remember To Always Wear Proper Safety Glasses Corresponding To The WaveLength Of The Laser Your Using!

I Recommend These Safety Glasses

Last edited:
welcome.gif
to the Forum.... keithdavidson...

39 Reasons NOT to Buy From Wicked Lasers

Enjoy your stay...

Jerry