Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hey there

kk1234

Been lurking for some time, and registered now looking for help :D

I've owned a ~1.5 Watt 445nm DIY build before. I say owned, because the diode has died, which way or may not have been caused by the LM317 driver that i've used for it. Now i however im looking to build a proper laser w/ the NUGM01 520nm diode from DTR and need a proper host for that, hence me registering :p

Im very well aware that what i desire is not a toy, and i promise to be careful! :D

Hello!!

Please remember to ALWAYS use safety goggles when handling those high power laser.
And please add general location to your profile, might be helpful for other trying to help. :)

There are many user sells a good host in here, just see the Buy/Sale/Trade section :beer:

If you expect our birthday gift we need location and date of birth PLEASE--(just complete yr profile)

kk1234

I do own a pair of safety glasses already, eventhough i always make sure to not have any reflective surfaces around, and pretty much always have it focused to a short distance. Its only for show outside that its set to infinity :p

I'll check out the Buy/Sale/Trade section, thanks.

What birthday gift? Gotta admit, the day / month i've entered arent real info, however i dont see any way to change that. Regardless, I've already had my bday recently so i wont be having any of that :p

Encap

Welcome to the forum--enjoy the information and help you can find here and contribute anything laser interesting or related you can.

Hi KK,
Welcome to the forum glad to here you some what savvy to lasers. Enjoy your stay and be safe always..Glad to have you.

Rich:)

I do own a pair of safety glasses already, eventhough i always make sure to not have any reflective surfaces around, and pretty much always have it focused to a short distance. Its only for show outside that its set to infinity :p

I'll check out the Buy/Sale/Trade section, thanks.

What birthday gift? Gotta admit, the day / month i've entered arent real info, however i dont see any way to change that. Regardless, I've already had my bday recently so i wont be having any of that :p
XXXXXXXXXX
Okay I will come clean-- that was a 'trick question'---TY for being honest-- we often try to trick new members when trying to see how honest they are and to avoid selling to children... One lie means watch out...we do this for the good of the forum. And to help avoid injuries to new members too young to be laser savvy. ...That takes LOTS real world experience --and not so much from reading advice on safety.

If you have attended the 'Laserfreaks' meetings in Berlin we want to hear all about that and see some pics. 'Displaser' (Houston) went a few year back and was very glad he attended.

:whistle:hak

kk1234

we often try to trick new members when trying to see how honest they are and to avoid selling to children

Haha, thought so. I just try to enter as little info as really necessary when I sign up to stuff, so its out of privacy reasons, not to lie to people. Im not underage or anything, but props for doing reserach in that dep :D

Last edited:
:wave: Welcome to the Forum...
Enjoy your stay and be Laser safe.

Jerry

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Welcome to LPF, kk1234! :yh:

Have fun and enjoy your stay here!

If you're not already aware, you'll find a great source of laser related information by using the white "custom search" bar at the bottom of the page.

Welcome to LPF, kk1234! :yh:

Have fun and enjoy your stay here!

If you're not already aware, you'll find a great source of laser related information by using the white "custom search" bar at the bottom of the page.

+ 1000 for that great tip...

If he is in dark ages like me --that very awesome search will not load.
I can use it at my 'office' with wifi
(Corner booth at McDonalds)
Odd thing ... while I did see it ...until recently I was not aware of how well that one works...TY BTG for that heads-up. I guess I assumed it was no diff from the top of page search--WAY WRONG/

WELCOME again new member.;)