Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

hey the good guys

hello pps, i am here to bust! your balls And ask a gazilion questions (joking).

glad i found this forum, shame i didnt 2 years ago when i got dragon laser viper 95mw.

story: i allways liked lasers, first time i searched them on the net i think 2004/5, i stumbled upone wicked lasers, optotronics and others mentioned on this forum, but i didnt have a budget for them and didnt wanna start with greens below 75mw (decided that by extrapolations from youtube vids). Since then i thought lasers are out of my reach, few years later on some forum i red "get a dragon laser, they USE same internals from CNI just much cheaper than WL" and i thought holy crap WL basterds screwing people over, and started targeting (checking out) DL models.

1st viper had a nice beam, but after my friend playd with it for a week he fkd the button, and since i was a noob i sent it for replacement (instead of just poping out the unit and soldering a new button or jumping it like i'd do these days).

The fixed 1 was ok but after few drops a week later, only faint red light was comeing out, cost me 115$ to fix at DL (because i was a noob)

3rd had a beam comeing out at an angle and was mode hopping more frequently at 18c than previuos units, and i thought oh noooOO what have i done, i shold'v never replaced the 1st unit (because it's easyer to replace everything related to driver and optics axcept been sure you'd get a quality diode and crystal well aligned when sending your unit for a replacement)

6+ months ago i tried to connect a liFePO4 bat for a steady current because with my NiMH the beam was shiny only for 10 first min, but something burned and i killed it.

In mid 2009 i started reading about e-bikes, and only 2 weeks ago (im a slow thinker) it hit me why dont i check if there are any info sharing forums and not bias like WL that let you talk only about their products, and with the electronical knowledge i aquired from e-bikes try to check my viper and save at least another 100$.

and so 2 weeks ago i finally got the balls to do the unimageanble, i guted the viper ! it was hard because the parts were glued i thought with some loctite hence i never tried to open it befor, thought its seald for dead.

in the procces i broke the diode pins off the driver and they twisted inside the diode module holding them and lifted a trace, the guting was horrible.

but im glad i did something, i hate stagnent situations, and now i see what needs to be done.

p.s.
as well been reading the forums for past 2 weeks non stop,
got hit in the eye and veporised my retina in few miliseconds.
added a bit, cos from a mobile phone cant see the whole picture like from a pc now, small screens interfer with the line of thought

Last edited:

glad to have you as a memeber. Sorry for all your misfortunes. dragon lasers actually has a good rep aroud these parts.

but keep on reading, i'm sure you will find so many things here!!

michael.

LaZeRz

Welcome to LPF :) theres truckloads of info and awesome projects here and hopefully you'll be able repair your laser :D

p.s.
as well been reading the forums for past 2 weeks non stop,
got hit in the eye and veporised my retina in few miliseconds.
Say what?!

SEE A DOCTOR, NOW!

If the beam came from aforementioned Viper, you're having very high chances of permanent damage as it is, get it immediately checked up!!

Also, learn to use punctations and capital letters. It helps people READ what you wrote.