Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hey! Looong time reader, first time poster!

Hi there,

Just a quick hello before I post anywhere else.

Been in and out of laser pointers since getting my first red dot pen as a gift from a friends holiday around the year 2000.

As I’ve grown I’ve realised just how much I enjoy light. LEDs seem to be a pretty constant hobby these days with the rise of digital addressable strips. But every few years I get pulled back to lasers.

I’m waiting on a pocket 445 from sanwu. Hopefully won’t be long. Already have my glasses ready!

Previous lasers all include cheap ebay ones. A nice o-like 250mw red. And recently a single AAA green keychain. Love the fact that it’s easy to carry, takes a standard battery and isn’t overly powerful. I also have one in 405nm (low power) that I love pointing at fluorescent stuff! (Have been tempted to paint a wall with glow in the dark paint!)

To be honest, I’ve always been a little fearful of high powered blues. I’d be happy with a low powered keychain one just to add to my collection to be honest. I’m far more into the light rather than the burning aspects of lasers.

Anyway, hello from sunny England!

Welcome fishbulb!
I too enjoy lower powered lasers more than powerful ones that burn. But to each his own.
Good luck

Not knocking anybody for wanting to burn stuff at all :p Totally understand! Everybody has their uses for these things.

A while back I could never get my head around having a device that could produce such cool looking light then paying for glasses to block it all out. Personally I’d love to see as much as I can withough risking my eyes.

I’ll probably go down the path of photographing my blue and enjoying the colour that way :)

Hi and welcome to the forum enjoy and be safe . Lower power single modes are sweet I’m liking them more and more . High power is great to but we all need a change

Rich:)

BobMc

Welcome to the forum FishBlub32. Enjoy your 445 Pocket from Sanwu, they make some great units. Enjoy and be safe.

Looking forward to your pictures. ( if we can talk you into posting them, hint hint ). :)

Don’t worry, I’ll see what I can do. I’ve a bit of a passion for photography too and enjoy finding new reasons to expand my skills. If I end up with anything half decent they will show up here :)

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Welcome to LPF FishBulb! :beer:

Have fun, be safe, and enjoy your stay here. :D

Be sure to take advantage of the "custom search" bar at the bottom of the page, there's a lot of laser related info. to be found there.