Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hey im new and i need advice

Correct, any ideas gentlemen i mean im good with my fluke meter and have all the tools one could possibly own so any gameplans

Just the thought of spending $1000 on a single laser from that company is painful to think about, I had to go have drink to relax and think clearly. That's a little more than all five high quality lasers I built myself, and I would be able to fix any of them because I know what's in them and how they are assembled. Just something to think about in the future. I am pretty sure that laser contains proprietary Chinese bull shit (non standard parts) but I don't know much about their lasers, only what I have read here on LPF and there is plenty to read about them. Maybe someone will read this thread and offer to take a look at it, but you may end up paying shipping only to find its not fixable. It may be possible to remove the 532nm module and replace it with another one.

Alan

i would gladly pay shipping i would like to get into it and the whole laser world just never got the chance

haha sorry my grammar is rushed im sitting in police academy

She bought it, then shortly after she bought it he dropped it.
I know I know that's why I said "kidding". Someone on this forum should have some advice for you. There are some amazing people here who know these devices quite well.
Post a picture of your laser for better results

It may be possible to remove the 532nm module and replace it with another one.
Replacing the module on $1000 laser is still going to come with a heck of a price tag (even if it is an overpriced WL one.) I would think he should try to exhaust all other options before going there.

whats a module? the switch and all the operations are in working order

In this case it's probably a brass cylinder that contains the IR pump diode and crystals and some optics and may or may not have the driver attached to the back of it.

Alan

Image if you're still confused:

The circuit board on the back is the driver, the front part holds the diode and optics. If your driver isn't directly attached to the diode
you could maybe save yourself $30 and just replace the diode. Although I'm kind of thinking this is a lost cause because of the price
to replace the diode/module. Just my 2¢.
(photo credit to DTR)

I don't think the S3 has that kind of diode housing.
I know, it was just an example of what a module was. Couldn't find any pics of the actual module. Guess I should have specified that :p.

Last edited:
i see and there is no way of aligning or properly fixing this?

Well the ones in hand held lasers are usually very small and generally not fixable, in a lab laser it may be large and in some box that can be opened and worked on but in a hand held you would usually need to replace the module. Here is an example of one, they are usually similar or the same looking:

Alan

You can get a 700mw 520nm raw diode from DTR for ~$300, which you could push to 750mw (1W even). No idea where you can get 750mw 532nm diodes though.