Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hey guys!

Hello!
My name is Ryan, and I have been interested in lasers for quite a while now. My dad has a green 35mw laser he got from a friend, and both of us are interested in getting more. I have been lurking around this site for a while now, and just decided on making an account. We have been looking at buying or building a laser, and any advice would be appreciated. Because I live in the USA, would it be easier to build one rather then trying to sneak one past customs? Thanks in advance! I can't wait to learn more about lasers and become a well known member of this forum!
-Ryan

norbyx

Hey ryan,
Welcome to the forum, first advise would be to take your time and read through the stickies since they will help you understand the laser world better. Most answers are out there it's just a matter of searching.

Good luck,

Norbyx

Welcome to the forums! Be sure to read all of the stickies under each subforum, and don't be afraid to scroll down the page to the search bar! Enjoy your stay :beer:

We have been looking at buying or building a laser, and any advice would be appreciated. Because I live in the USA, would it be easier to build one rather then trying to sneak one past customs?

Hello Ryan, Welcome. Even with the import restrictions nearly all lasers still get past customs but I imagine that will change over time. You can buy from someone in the US and not worry about that and you can always just buy the parts and build your own. Just do lots of reading here and you can learn how.

Alan

welcome.gif
to the Forum Ryan....

Don't forget to read the FAQs...the Stickies
and the Forum Rules..
http://laserpointerforums.com/tou.htm

If you plan on buying anything on the Forum....
PLEASE read this first...

6 Steps To Prevent You From Getting Scammed

and PLEASE don't forget to read to this....

39 Reasons NOT to Buy From Wicked Lasers

If you do get a Laser or already have one be sure
to get appropriate Laser Safety Goggles/Glasses...

Get Some Safety Goggles Now!

Enjoy your stay...

Jerry

You can contact us at any time on our Website: J.BAUER Electronics

Thank you all for your advice! I'm excited to be a member here. I'll make sure to read the stickies.
Thanks again!
-Ryan