Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Heres a good platform for your home made Laser

Stone

What's the length of those modules from the DX lasers? I'm thinking of dismantling a 30 or 50mW one for a project and would like the shortest module available.

Daedal

High_Octane said:
[quote author=Hemlock Mike link=1189716085/0#13 date=1189891248]That power switch looks "smoked". My dx200 had problems with output until I cleaned the switch a little. Since you have it apart, jumper the switch. DX has switch problems with some of their pointers and it gets worse as the current draw goes up.

Mike

I'll give that a try, How did you clean yours? Dissembly or compressed air?

My guess would be you would have to dissemble it to clean it properly.[/quote]

If you have salvaged any DVD burners... I would hope that you kept the 'trash' because there is a really good switch in each of them... just put it in there instead of the DX one ;)

--DDL

What's the length of those modules from the DX lasers? I'm thinking of dismantling a 30 or 50mW one for a project and would like the shortest module available

Brass module is 40mm long on the 5mw ones, I took one apart last night, I tried an Aixiz <5mw LD module in it using the front 2 parts, it is just possible to focus it but it is not as bright as it was in its original housing.

Regards rog8811

Attachments

• green_module.jpg
    green_module.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 233

Rhith

For people asking about a 3x AAA housing with space the Dorcy Metal Gear works well if you can get a hold of one.

100_3692.jpg

My entire driver that I was using right there!

so is the one on the top an aixiz one?? and the bottom a DX 5mw?

Both are DX 5mw modules, top one Is fitted with a 5mw red from an aixiz to see if it would work for GB red and GB blue.. Bottom one still in one piece....for now.

For people asking about a 3x AAA housing with space

Wow. loads of room :eek:...If I build another I will look at the Dorcy.......

Regards rog8811

H

High_Octane

Daedal said:
[quote author=High_Octane link=1189716085/0#14 date=1189892224][quote author=Hemlock Mike link=1189716085/0#13 date=1189891248]That power switch looks "smoked". My dx200 had problems with output until I cleaned the switch a little. Since you have it apart, jumper the switch. DX has switch problems with some of their pointers and it gets worse as the current draw goes up.

Mike

I'll give that a try, How did you clean yours? Dissembly or compressed air?

My guess would be you would have to dissemble it to clean it properly.[/quote]

If you have salvaged any DVD burners... I would hope that you kept the 'trash' because there is a really good switch in each of them... just put it in there instead of the DX one ;)

--DDL[/quote]

Excellent Tip! Thanks