Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Here I am :)

Hi! I'm quite new to the lasers' world but I think they're really cool. Hope to find some advices and help others as much as I can here on LPF. See ya!

Last edited:

Welcome.

Thinking lasers are "quite useless" is an amazing start to being able to help others on the forum.

Welcome.

Thinking lasers are "quite useless" is an amazing start to being able to help others on the forum.

Sorry, I meant that most people just have fun experimenting with them. I may be wrong; this is my opinion. By the way, with all respect, I don't think yours is an amazing way to welcome new users.

Last edited:
Sorry, I meant that most people just have fun experimenting with them. I may be wrong; this is my opinion. By the way, with all respect, I don't think yours is an amazing way to welcome new users.

Experimenting with lasers would not be useless then...

Also, I said welcome.

Welcome to the forums,

lasers have many uses, they are in devices like games consoles, computers and big printers, supermarket scanners, levelling and measuring devices, and even show projectors. Most of the lasers us hobbyists have a hold of are using diodes or modules that were once designed for a completely different purpose and extracted for use in a handheld.

That line about lasers being useless made me irrationally angry.

Ok, ok, ok, I'll remove that line! I didn't want to make all of you so angry! Again: sorry for the misunderstanding!

Last edited:
Don't worry about it, the only people being irrational here are the ones getting wound up by a small mistake you made.

Welcome to the forum... the best advice I can give you is to leverage the search tool to mine some amazing data from the archives. You can learn anything you want here if you are willing to search :)

Be safe and have fun! This hobby is inherently cool, but there is a lot to know. Make it a journey!

/c

Welcome to the forum... the best advice I can give you is to leverage the search tool to mine some amazing data from the archives. You can learn anything you want here if you are willing to search :)

Be safe and have fun! This hobby is inherently cool, but there is a lot to know. Make it a journey!

/c

Thank you for the welcome and for the advices!

Last edited: