Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Help!! :(

Guys, I have been trying to fix my green laser pointer button, and in the process i was soldering the button, i accidently broke one of the wires leading into the laser head. it looks like there were 3 copper thin wires going from the circuit board into the laser head. One of then broke off..I do have a soldering iron and i tried to solder it but no success, how can i fix this..? is it fixable or will i have to buy a new green laser.. :(..

*I will upload pictures soon*

Thanks,

Niccoice

ARG

It may be fixable, but get those pictures uploaded so we can see.

i have them in paint, but how do i upload them.. i dont see a browse button here..

Edit* I got it.

Last edited:

ARG

They aren't showing up. Try uploading to imgur.

ARG

From what I can see in the photos it looks fine. Can you get any closer?

the other thing is, when i put the batteries in, they get hot, maybe its making a short circuit??

holy, i just stuck in new batteries, and it started to melt the plastic ring arround the spring thing, how do i fix this..?

ARG

Yeah, that's a short. Most likely you've fried the driver, and probably the diode too.

DrSid

Why module ? Get whole new laser.
These hosts are not build to be dismantled again. While it can be done, it's very risky. I guess most of us killed their first green laser this way, I surely did. But I actually managed to fix it, lucky me.

Yeah you've raped it pretty good. Throw it in the broken laser box and buy a new one.